Zappiti PATH problem

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by scott3142, Jul 29, 2012.

1. scott3142

scott3142
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. I've been using Zappiti with the PATH set to the IP address of my NAS. My router has IP address reservation so I was able to reserve an IP for the NAS. For some reason my router now refuses to reserve an IP and the IP for the NAS has now changed. This means that the path in Zappiti is now incorrect. I can change the path in Zappiti to the new IP for the NAS but I'm assuming that all the movies I scraped using the old IP will now have an invalid path.

I followed instructions posted here HOWTO: Update the path in your Zappiti DB. [Archive] - MPC Club Community Board which detail how to update the Zappiti path using an SQL update but the Password field from my config file is missing which means I can't open the database.

This, to my knowledge, was my best option to solve the immediate problem but I can't update the database without the password used to create it :(

Just hoping someone out there may have a clue as to how to get the password.

Cheers!

2. Re-Invented

Re-Invented

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dont do reservation in router set the ip address manually in your nas and it will always use that, have you plugged into a different port on nas as it will have a different mac address so wont reserve same ip.

Maybe say which router youv'e got and nas and can fix the ip back

Lee

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,543
    I also use a fixed IP address rather than just a reserved address. However if doing this you need to make sure that the fixed IP is outside of the DHCP range or you could get IP address conflicts as DHCP client would not know that address is already being used.

Mark.

4. scott3142

scott3142
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses Lee and Mark. I've managed to re-scrape my movies and everything seems to be ok now. I do need a fixed IP for the NAS so I will look into that.

Thanks again.

5. Re-Invented

Re-Invented

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes should of stated that myself a standard router is setup with the whole ip range as dhcp i tend to move 200-250 as dhcp the remainder are then fixed around my house into rooms

Lee