Zappiti One SE 4K HDR Media Player Review & Comments

Thanks to both for replies. Is a new Zappiti 2020 model expected shortly? As Dune and Zidoo are releasing new players very soon.
Nothing has been announced yet as far as I am aware. But presumably they will release a box based around the Realtek 1619 chip eventually.

Zappiti - nothing announced yet.
Dune - 1619 box due August and 1395 box already available.
Zidoo - 1619 box due August. Higher end 1619 box announced but no release date yet.

Nothing has been announced yet as far as I am aware. But presumably they will release a box based around the Realtek 1619 chip eventually.

Zappiti - nothing announced yet.
Dune - 1619 box due August and 1395 box already available.
Zidoo - 1619 box due August. Higher end 1619 box announced but no release date yet.

FYI - Dune Pro4KII (1619 chip) is up for pre-order shipping on 10 June - see Futeko website.

FYI - Dune Pro4KII (1619 chip) is up for pre-order shipping on 10 June - see Futeko website.
That's just an estimate. Futeko does not have a confirmed date yet, as per the forum over there. The Realbox is so good I wont be buying anyway.

What is the best streamer for blu-ray and 4k films and music all stored on hard drive. Got to be as good as my oppo 203. Thanks

One more question, can the SE 4K handle H264 10 bit files?

My new One SE arrived today, following being persuaded by @mb3195 to give it try after a demo and loan of a spare box, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Really impressed so far. Easy setup, very flexible and a slick interface.
Totally agree with his comment of wishing he’d dumped the discs and got one years ago!

Doesn't quite rival the 203 though, as it has one major thing missing...Dolby Vision. :(

Depends if DV is important to you or not. I only use mine on a PJ and can safely say that my Zap is the best picture I have ever seen, including my now sold Oppo 203.

Doesn't quite rival the 203 though, as it has one major thing missing...Dolby Vision. :(
Dolby Vision's not much use to us projector owners though :)

Last edited:
Don't need Dolby vision. As I use my projector for films. And use my TV for Netflix Amazon.

My player arrived today but for the life of me I can’t get it to recognise my HDD. It’s a 6TB WD Blue and I formatted it as per the recommendations on the Zappiti website. I slot it into the internal HDD bay and nothing happens.

Anyone else experience this at all?

EDIT: I have just plugged the HDD into one of the USB slots and it recognises the drive but says it’s empty when it clearly isn’t.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
My player arrived today but for the life of me I can’t get it to recognise my HDD. It’s a 6TB WD Blue and I formatted it as per the recommendations on the Zappiti website. I slot it into the internal HDD bay and nothing happens.

Anyone else experience this at all?

EDIT: I have just plugged the HDD into one of the USB slots and it recognises the drive but says it’s empty when it clearly isn’t.

Any ideas?

Have you got films saved under a “movies” folder?

Yeah I setup the ‘Movies’ and ‘TV Shows’ folders but it won’t see anything on drive. I doesn’t even recognise that I’ve installed an HDD when I put it in the internal bay.

Wonder if I’ve got a dud?

EDIT: The message when I search for the internal drive is something along the lines of ‘your credentials are incorrect or the folder is empty’.

When I plug it into the side USB it sees the drive but doesn’t show any folders. It clearly thinks the drive is empty. But when I plug the drive into my PC it shows the Movies and TV Shows folder and the files I’ve put in them.

Last edited:
Yeah I setup the ‘Movies’ and ‘TV Shows’ folders but it won’t see anything on drive. I doesn’t even recognise that I’ve installed an HDD when I put it in the internal bay.

Wonder if I’ve got a dud?

EDIT: The message when I search for the internal drive is something along the lines of ‘your credentials are incorrect or the folder is empty’.

When I plug it into the side USB it sees the drive but doesn’t show any folders. It clearly thinks the drive is empty. But when I plug the drive into my PC it shows the Movies and TV Shows folder and the files I’ve put in them.

When you install the WD Blue hard drive in the Zappiti player, can you see the hard drive in My Apps > MediaBrowser > All Files?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

The drive is not shown in MediaBrowser whether it’s in the internal bay or plugged into the USB.

Whilst plugged into the USB and I go to ‘Video’ and ‘Add a folder containing movies’ it shows the name of the drive but when I click on it the next screen is blank. It won’t even get that far when in the internal bay though.

I wonder if it’s a formatting issue? I followed the instructions on the website / manual.....NTFS with 64K allocation.

I’m stumped.

Thanks for the reply.

The drive is not shown in MediaBrowser whether it’s in the internal bay or plugged into the USB.

Whilst plugged into the USB and I go to ‘Video’ and ‘Add a folder containing movies’ it shows the name of the drive but when I click on it the next screen is blank. It won’t even get that far when in the internal bay though.

OK.

Do you have any other hard drive to hand, portable or even USB stick? If yes, insert the drive into one of the USB slots and got to My Apps > MediaBrowser > All Files.

You will see internal storage, file folders...does anything show up?

Good idea, didn’t think of that.

I plugged another HDD into the USB and I can view the files perfectly in MediaBrowser. So there’s something it doesn’t like about my other drive.

Wonder if it’s the formatting?

I suggest reformatting the WD Blue hard drive on your PC. Try formatting with the Windows NTFS default.

I’ve reformatted a few times now. I did the Windows default NTFS earlier and it didn’t solve it. I’ll have another go just in case.

Good idea, didn’t think of that.

I plugged another HDD into the USB and I can view the files perfectly in MediaBrowser. So there’s something it doesn’t like about my other drive.

Wonder if it’s the formatting?

OK, that is good.

I would reformat the WD Blue hard drive on your PC. Once done, create the 2 folders "Movies" and "TV Shows". Add a couple of video files to the appropriate, and check the drive install the drive again. Check, My Apps > > All Files. You should be able to see and click on the video files you have added an player from the MediaBrowser.

If all is good, now open Zappiti Video (assuming you have created an account) and using the Menu button > Settings; add the WD Blue hard drive folders "Movies" and "TV Shows"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom