• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Zappiti Image Issues

YorkshireJim007

Hi,

Anyone got any bright ideas on how to resolve this?

I've finally get everything up and running with my Zappiti 4K One, but unfortunately I'm running into some images issues. Please see image below. In bright scenes it look fine, but then in dark scenes... (taken with an iphone in night shot, so do look a little weird... )

1 Zappiti issue.jpg

This shows there is some sort of weird thing happening with the image when displaying dark scenes, I get a weird dark blue not black on the darkest part of the image. Almost like a negative thing is happening. This isn't isolated to one movie. To check that it's not my projector or anything else, I can play the same file from the same server, same projector settings, same movie, same cables, same AVR, just through Plex and an Nvidia Shield and the image is just fine.This is illustrated in the following images. Same scene, just on Plex. So you know the Nvidia Shield is set to 1920 x 1080 60 Hz YUV 444 8-bit Rec. 709. My display is a JVC X9000 projector.

3 Nvidia Plex works fine comparison.jpg

I'm running at 1080p, tried all of the different video settings that I can see, such as deep colour, colour space, auto, 4:4:4,10 bit, 8 bit, 12 bit, etc. All kinds of different combinations. But it doesn't seem to make a difference. Please can you advise? Obviously this ruins the Zappiti experience and I like to fix it as I love the rest of the product.

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

mb3195

Distinguished Member
What do you have set for your hdmi range? It should be set to limited.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom