Zappiti Ethernet Connection Issues

paulw77

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting random "Ethernet : Not Connected" errors from my Zappiti Mini 4K HDR. These can happen at any time and occur both in the Zappiti file explorer or whilst watching films streamed from a Synology NAS. For example we were two hours into a film at the weekend when the error occurred, despite the film playing with no issues for those two hours !

The Zappiti is connected via Ethernet cable to a switch which is then connected to our router (BT homehub).

When the error messages occur I can see from the router logs that the Zappiti is making multiple lease requests.

I don't have issues with the other network devices connected to the same switch.

I tried setting a static IP address on the router for the Zappiti but this didn't make any difference. I've now tried setting the static IP in the Zappiti itself.

Does anyone have any other ideas ? Could the switch be at fault ? What else should I be checking ?

Thanks

Obviously you have tried new cables from the (router to the switch), (switch to zappiti), & the (nas to the router.)
And also tried different ports.

I’ve tried a different cable from the Zappiti to the switch. I can’t easily change the cable from the switch to the router as it goes down an external wall to a different floor.

I’ll try changing the cable to the NAS, but I don’t suspect that being the cause as I get the error when simply browsing around menus on the Zappiti, not just when streaming content.

Well, it sounds like a cable or socket problem. You could buy a long ethernet cable & run it over the floor.

Well, it sounds like a cable or socket problem. You could buy a long ethernet cable & run it over the floor.

That’s true. I can also change the switch as I have two other identical units in different rooms.

Are the multiple lease requests from the Zappiti significant do you think ?

Generally when client device kicks off a DHCP request, it's because either the lease has reached it's "renewal" time (typically 12 hours, but could be longer/shorter) or because the IP software in the device "thinks" the network link has gone down and back up: Either the NIC's got a fault or something in the cabling infrastructure connecting the client to whatever, hence the advice to try out some "known good" cables and/or port on the switch/router an see if it make any difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom