Zappa plays Zappa

shb367

Off to Edinburgh on Thursday to see Dweezil and the boys - really looking forward to it.

Anyone else going or saw them :thumbsup:

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Yes, I saw them a couple of years ago in Manchester (when Dweezil's amp packed up for 30 mins or so).
If you are into Zappa you will like it, but it is not for the faint hearted - they played maybe 'old' Zappa stuff (71-74) rather than the more radio friendly Sheik Yerbouti material (so no Bobby Brown). But I did see a You Tube clip of them playing Yo Mama from that period.
Have fun!

Phil

brian s

Distinguished Member
I saw Frank on two occasions and I can't imagine going to see his son doing a form of a tribute band. What's the point?

Bri

shb367

I saw Frank on two occasions and I can't imagine going to see his son doing a form of a tribute band. What's the point?

Bri
Well Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to see the great man so this is as good as I'll get to a Zappa gig

brian s

Distinguished Member
What was the great man like when you saw him Brian?
I saw him first at Knebworth and he was very good. I tend not to enjoy open air festivals in a field that much. I much prefer clubs or concert halls. I had the very good fortune to see him again at The Newcatle City Hall and he was brilliant. I could've spent another couple of hours listening to his playing. My mate met him backstage that night. He said Zappa was a top bloke.

All the best
Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom