Zanussi ZOP37902XK Oven problems

danning

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

We are experiencing 2 main problems with our oven:

1 - the temperature setting (e.g. 180 degrees) will decrease by itself whilst the oven is part-way through; very annoying as the oven temperature then decreases and the food does not cook properly
2 - the oven will suddenly switch on of its own accord. Very worrying. We have taken to switching the whole unit off at the socket which obviously you shouldn't need to do.

Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks

1 - the temperature setting (e.g. 180 degrees) will decrease by itself whilst the oven is part-way through;
To be clear the displayed number is decreasing?

The manual doesn’t seem to indicate a function to decrease temperature setting during even programmed cooking. You would think that is an electronic fault and the decrease command is being sent - or the main controller thinks it is receiving it.

Same with switching on. Can’t see that even if programmed - it wouldn’t do that from a cold start as it were.

Both sound like either the control button is sending the signals by itself or the controller receiving the signals and changing functions thinks it is receiving the signals. I would say the latter is more likely and it will be “need tk replace the main PCB” whatever that means in that oven. Possibly “need to replace the control switch/button”. Either way I don’t think it is a fault you can reliably identifu yourself unless you have done similar before.

Hi

1 - the temperature setting (e.g. 180 degrees) will decrease by itself whilst the oven is part-way through; very annoying as the oven temperature then decreases and the food does not cook properly
2 - the oven will suddenly switch on of its own accord. Very worrying. We have taken to switching the whole unit off at the socket which obviously you shouldn't need to do.

Thanks

Did you figure it out? We have the same problem with our oven. Same model and all.

Hi

Thanks
We are having the same problem with the temperature reducing. Have you resolved the issue?

We are having the same problem with the temperature reducing. Have you resolved the issue?
Are you sure it doesn’t have an ECO mode? Sometimes those decrease the temperature.

Are you sure it doesn’t have an ECO mode? Sometimes those decrease the temperature.
Nothing in the manual or online says there is an ECO mode. Was hoping it would be something that simple! Didn't want to get an engineer out just to find out we don't know how to programme the oven.

Same problems here.
It's quite disturbing when you walk into the kitchen to find your oven has turned itself on.
Mine started before the warranty had run out but i couldn't find the receipt.By the time i did it was out of warranty.I contacted Zanussi who said I could pay for an engineers inspection and if it proved to be an inherent fault they'd fix it.An engineer would have cost around £120.I didn't bother.I switch off at the mains now.
Bear in mind there are other brands identical to this model

Having the same problem with the temperature intermittently dropping down to 150 degrees,has anyone solved this problem?
Thanks

If its turning on by itself that is a safety issue and I would be reporting it to Trading Standards

Hi.
Mine isn't only the original poster.
My oven is sometimes switching back to 150 degrees default from its setpoint normally 190degrees.
Thanks

Ours is doing this too (the temperature reduction, not the randomly switching on). Predictably it's out of warranty

Did anyone get this sorted ?

We are experiencing the exact same issue. I've done a bit of Googling and general suggestions are that it needs to have the thermal cut-out replaced. This sounds promising as the part is cheap and videos suggest that it is simple enough to do. But for the users on here that had the same issue - are you able to confirm if this was indeed the part you had replaced and was the problem rectified? Thanks very much in advance. 🙂

I keep meaning to get an expert to have a look at mine but I too was hoping to find out if others had managed to fix it

I am having the exact same problem and was wondering if anyone has a solution ? The £18 thermal cut out sounds promising but all the other possible components are expensive and if I replace them one by one I will soon have spent as much as a new oven ! Which I am sorely tempted to go out and buy.

I tried cleaning the probe, which didn't work. We got an engineer out who said all the readings on the probe and thermostat were normal, so he fitted a new heating element, which didn't fix the issue either.

In the end we bit the bullet and we now have a nice shiny new Neff oven. I won't be buying Zanussi again in a hurry !

Cleaning the thermostat probe only lasted a few days so I bought a new thermostat for it bit that didn't work either so I sent it back. A day after I had put the new thermostat probe in I was sat in the kitchen and the oven came on by itself and the temp display was flickering all over,at that point I decided I was buying a new oven as it shouldn't come on by itself. I emailed zanussi but they didn't get back to me do I won't buy from them again. I was going to go down the engineer route but the wife won and an oven coming on by itself seemed too dangerous.
Initially I did ask an appliance shop owner/engineer when I enquired about the cut out John but he said it wouldn't be, for some reason I can't remember. Maybe worth a shot for £18 though or get the engineer round, my wife won on the end with a new oven 🙂

Has anybody found a solution to this? Our oven is doing the same, temperature reducing to 150degC. The frequency of the fault is increasing, and now the temp flashes to 200degC before dropping to 150degC.
This is clearly a common problem - is there a common answer?

Has anybody found a solution to this? Our oven is doing the same, temperature reducing to 150degC. The frequency of the fault is increasing, and now the temp flashes to 200degC before dropping to 150degC.
This is clearly a common problem - is there a common answer?

Yes - a new oven !

I can report that it's not the thermal cut out. I bypassed it for a few days, the oven behaved itself, I congratulated myself on solving the problem and ordered a replacement, and it started acting up again the next day.
Today I had a final go at it. I decided it must be the selector switch so opened up the casing again. There is a small PCB that clips on to the back of the switch. I took it off and noticed dark trails on the copper tracks where the wiper slides across them. The trails continue between the individual pads representing the different functions. (I took the photo after I had given it an initial wipe, so it was more pronounced than this, but not much) Perhaps they are offering a conductive path that shouldn't be there ? I cleaned it up as best I could and reassembled it. Too soon to say if it has made a difference though.
A new switch is about £35 but looks very difficult to replace, due to the recessed housing for the securing bolts.

Attachments

• 0$Images$40_121_PANAP1210652JPG.jpg
    0$Images$40_121_PANAP1210652JPG.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 333
After 12 days of running the oven with no more issues, I am fairly sure this has fixed it. My oven is nearly six years old so If I only need to clean this little PCB once or twice more I will be happy with that. It's a very straightforward job.

Hi @john7777, can you provide info on how exactly you did this? How do I open the oven etc. Would be really appreciated if you could help.

What John has said makes sense. It looks from his photo that the gaps in the tracking on the selector/function switch had carbonised therefore allowing a current through to the PCB and fooling it into thinking that it had been turned on.

It's a case of removing the top panel and accessing the correct switch, if I remember this pcb just clips off the back of the selector (John will prob be along to confirm if I'm right or wrong).

If you have the same issue just thoroughly clean the tracking paying particular attention to the white spaces between the tracking.

Remember though, double and treble check that power is not only off, but plugs are disconnected!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom