1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zalman ZM80-Heatpipe

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JohnS, Jan 21, 2003.

1. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just bought one of these to go with my Radeon 9500 from www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk , great service from these chaps, ordered Sunday afternoon, here today (tuesday) with Standard FREE delivery.

Took about half hour to install, not difficult but definitly a little fiddly with about 10 tiny screws and getting it all lined up.

Noise, well silent of couse :) as its got rid of the horrible fan that came on the 9500 which had a high pitched whine. Certainly the heatpipe seems to do its trick with both of the big heatsinks that sandwich the card getting warm, but it has also had the benefit of reducing the case tempratures and conesequently my CPU temprature is back to around where it was with the old fanless 9000. :)

Overall I've got to give it a thumbs up, although you could say a little expensive at about £28 but at least it can be removed and then put on the next card when it comes along.

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I used the standard Zalman video card heatsink/fan replacement, it also works fine on a 9500 (pro).

3. homethx

homethx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Works on the 9700 pro to and you can still overclock the the card