• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Zalman Z9 swap side panel?

jackster12

Standard Member
I've got an awesome gaming pc now and i have the Zalman Z9 plus case and its great. the only thing problem is that i dont really like the side panel as it just has a metal mesh. I would preferably like to have the Zalman Z9-U3 side panel with the transparent window on the side. Is this possible to buy just a side panel and will other side panels from different cases work? Any replies would be grateful! :)
Cheers,
Jack

sparky10

Hi, as you say the Zalman Z9-U3 has the transparent side panel, this unlike yours. Dimensionally the Z9 cases are the same as can be seen in my link below. Not sure if Zalman would sell you just the side panel, could ask their customer services the question. However there is the option of cutting out a section of your existing side panel and just buy a piece of perspex and lightly glue it in place. This could work out much cheaper and you could customize it to how you want:).

::: Zalman, leading the world of Quiet Computing Solutions :::

jackster12

Standard Member
Hey, thanks for the post! I had thought of creating my own windowed panel, but i was just worried about the overall finish of it. Dont want it to look cheap! Thats a good idea about asking customer support though, ill give it a go. :)

sparky10

Yes try customer support, but if not then a little bit of thought and careful marking out and cutting could give you a pretty neat job. Anyway good luck and let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom