Zafira Gsi Turbo 2005 Ice

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by welshboyyo, Mar 7, 2006.

1. welshboyyo

welshboyyo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Guys & Girls I need some advice. I want to kit out my Zafira Gsi with some new speakers and head unit. Wrt to the speakers how do I findout what size they are.

I have had infinity speakers before and found them very good, anyone have any other ideas. I was thinking of a Alpine head unit, but again open to advice.

The head unit will require a good built in amp such as the Mosfet amps as i do not want to install an extra amp....i dont think. Also the front end will need to play MP3.

i dont want to sound old as im only 35 lol but im not worried about booming bass but more about sound quality, not that plenty of oommmff and good quality bass would go a miss.

Also any good retialers on line at the moment.

Many thanks

2. scottpin

scottpin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Might be worth giving a dealer a ring for speaker sizes. Manufacturers usually make these available for each car. Good choice on the Alpine headunit. I'd say they're the best of all the mass market Jap gear and a firm favourite of mine. Infinity make some good speakers in their reference range which shouldn't break the bank but will definetly be an improvement over the standard factory gear. Whether to add a sub is personal preference but I'd say go ahead if you can. You could look at something like the Infinity basslink or another active sub which you can tuck away somewhere at the side of the boot not sacrificing too much space but giving you some low level response to improve the sound.

I've not dealt with many online retailers but I'll put my name behind Car Electronics Ltd (cel-direct.com) who I get all my kit from and also CarAudioDirect.com come well recommended from friends.