Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

kahlua

thanks cas,epic indeed,managed to wait until my discs arrived on friday watched twice over the weekend,blown away with this cut compared to the whedon ,epic movie superb visuals and audio,as you say makes you think what the dc world could have been.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review. Mine arrived today but saving it for Friday night. Looks incredible

Mike15111984

How does the image differ (if any) between a copy bought on itunes and physical version? Some reviewers have said the disc version is a bit more sharper and hdr seems to be more vibrant and punchy conpard to the streaming version. Can anyone confirm for defo?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
How does the image differ (if any) between a copy bought on itunes and physical version? Some reviewers have said the disc version is a bit more sharper and hdr seems to be more vibrant and punchy conpard to the streaming version. Can anyone confirm for defo?

Isnt it obvious that it'll be sharper?

The streamed version is not going to match the bitrate on disc.

However I'd be surprised if it makes much of a difference on a small display which would impact the experience mcuh at all.

Mike15111984

Isnt it obvious that it'll be sharper?

The streamed version is not going to match the bitrate on disc.

However I'd be surprised if it makes much of a difference on a small display which would impact the experience mcuh at all.
Well you would of thought so and normally would assume yes but i have read some people suggesting the hbo max streamed version was also slightly better than itunes version and very close to the 4k disc version or so they believe. Seems the itunes version appears to be a softer image according to some. I cant get hbo max, so i was wondering if it is worth getting on disc for improved hdr (so i have read) and dolby atmos seeing how i cant get atmos with itunes and inly get 5.1dd, i want to double check with a few different people before buying.

GrazzaB

I’ve gone for the 4K disc of this, annoyed it doesn’t have the extra featurettes and the B&W version but I’ll get those on Apple 4K in a sale. This is the sort of film that I buy on UHD disc for the maximum quality of AV. I watched it on Now TV previously which was fine but this disc will be a proper leap up. Can’t wait!

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Well you would of thought so and normally would assume yes but i have read some people suggesting the hbo max streamed version was also slightly better than itunes version and very close to the 4k disc version or so they believe. Seems the itunes version appears to be a softer image according to some. I cant get hbo max, so i was wondering if it is worth getting on disc for improved hdr (so i have read) and dolby atmos seeing how i cant get atmos with itunes and inly get 5.1dd, i want to double check with a few different people before buying.
If you have an atmos setup, disc always wins for audio

I’d go for it 👍👍

Mike15111984

I’ve gone for the 4K disc of this, annoyed it doesn’t have the extra featurettes and the B&W version but I’ll get those on Apple 4K in a sale. This is the sort of film that I buy on UHD disc for the maximum quality of AV. I watched it on Now TV previously which was fine but this disc will be a proper leap up. Can’t wait!
Its not the same but you could just reduce the tv's colour to 0, B&W and colour version 👍

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the Review, Cas.
Should be our next disks from our Rental Company. Really looking forward to this!

damo09

Is the disc 4.3 that’s the only thing stopping me watching this (I’ve never seen the film)

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Is the disc 4.3 that’s the only thing stopping me watching this (I’ve never seen the film)

If only there were a way to find out.

I think the biggest clue would be in the thread title, but what do I know.

Valen

Great review of an awesome movie. Loved it from start to finish.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Great review, loved this watched on my newly calibrated A90J - audio is fantastic some serious bass, picture has a fine layer of grain and great specular highlights, shame no Dolby Vision though to ramp things up a few more notches

Evinger

Distinguished Member
You'll find all the details under the "specs" tab

Marv

Watched Part 1 last night (UHD) and thought it was very good and the 4:3 aspect didn't bother me.

gimpli

Don’t let it out you off, it’s supposed to be and it works! I remember the days when people used to moan about black bars at the top and bottom

moraghan

TBF I reckon the vast majority would prefer the more traditional formats over 4.3. I know I certainly would. Enjoyed the film though. Solid 8/10 for me.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Watched this over the weekend, first disc on Saturday and the second on Sunday. It's quite good that it's split over two discs as it gives a good break point for anyone who doesn't want to sit through four hours in one go. However, I very easily could and would have if it wasn't for plans I already had on Saturday evening. The chapters / parts also make for easily breaking this down into smaller bites if you choose to.

I loved the film, absolute night and day compared to the Whedon version! I recently watched Man of Steel and Batman v Superman IMAX version and the three films together now make a much, much better story than with the theatrical releases of the latter films.

I want to watch it again as there is just so much to take in but although I loved it, it also left me feeling a little sad that we'll likely never get to see where things go from here. There are a few loose ends and plot points that could have made great sequels / spin offs but as WB have already said this is not canon, we're left wondering what might have been.

markiv78

Why no Dolby vision, US release has Dolby vision and so does iTunes version. May be worth looking for an import for this movie.

Attachments

• A2612FDE-F667-4445-9D1F-1E676C646AEA.jpeg
    A2612FDE-F667-4445-9D1F-1E676C646AEA.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 62FB4B33-0E89-4363-81F9-D058684CC47B.jpeg
    62FB4B33-0E89-4363-81F9-D058684CC47B.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 95

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Why no Dolby vision, US release has Dolby vision and so does iTunes version. May be worth looking for an import for this movie.
I thought it hadn't been released in the states yet? Be good to see a hdr vs dolby vision comparison

amita

The Zack Snyder cut hasn't been released on 4K disc in the US. You're comparing the US Joss Whedon version with the UK Snyder cut.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Roam NC, affordable TWS earbuds
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba smart TVs add Amazon Music and Twitch apps
  • By Andy Bassett