Zack Snyder's - Justice League (2021) 4K UHD

My whole point not been about the aspect ratio but the way the comparisons have been faulty presented. we all seasoned viewers(well in the conversation) here and know all about above
Here you go how’s about this then, as good as it gets using my phone.
E90285B9-B644-46B7-95A5-774C2EFB8C76.jpeg
F37323E1-313D-41CF-A52F-98FB1B16BDE8.jpeg

TVs do not shrink the image and add black bars.
Well according to Samsung your home theatre adds the black bars.

Most current films have an aspect ratio 2.35:1. Many recent theatrical releases distributed on DVD and labeled as "widescreen" retain this very wide aspect ratio. Because the image of these movies is wider than a widescreen TV, your home theater places black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Most widescreen DVDs on the market will not fill the entire screen on your TV because they have been recorded in an aspect ratio that is different from your TV's.

Isn't the bigger issue here that Synder has just chosen a crappy aspect ratio, if this had been 1.85.1 no one would be talking about the aspect ratio. And when I say crappy it is subjective, I know some fan boys will defend that till judgment day and we will just have to agree to disagree.

If people want to watch it in widescreen then just zoom it, nothing wrong with providing the full image and letting people choose, same goes for grainy films where it is far better to offer an accurate presentation complete with grain and if people want the super sharp de-grained look they can just use the settings on their TV to alter it rather than scrubbing it clean resulting in a waxy mess being the only option.

I have a different take on the 4:3..... i think this is Zach's way of showing it's his show and no one else's , i think more of a personal statement than just an artistic choice..... he's showing his power. JMO.

If people want to watch it in widescreen then just zoom it, nothing wrong with providing the full image and letting people choose, same goes for grainy films where it is far better to offer an accurate presentation complete with grain and if people want the super sharp de-grained look they can just use the settings on their TV to alter it rather than scrubbing it clean resulting in a waxy mess being the only option.
Yeah that would be a logical option however not all TVs allow that option with a 4K signal, don’t know if that’s something that’s changed recently but my Panasonic certainly doesn’t allow it.

Ok..just to get the thread back on topic...do we have any info about the discs and what they contain?

Zooming it is not watching it on widescreen, that's just making things worse.
Granted a bit of the framing might be off but if they had put out a 1:85.1 release it would have just been the 4:3 release we have with sections of the top and bottom masked, sure some fans are already hard at work doing their own "Widescreen" version on their computers by doing just this.

Granted a bit of the framing might be off but if they had put out a 1:85.1 release it would have just been the 4:3 release we have with sections of the top and bottom masked, sure some fans are already hard at work doing their own "Widescreen" version on their computers by doing just this.
This is the last I am going to talk about the aspect ratio (he says and 10 minute later there will be 10 more posts :)) the issue isn't that it is in 4:3 or wanting to watch it widescreen, its that it is a odd decision to begin with. How many times will the average person see this in a IMAX? How many people have IMAX screens at home? It seems like people are talking more about this then the actual film.

I can't see the benefit of the the taller framing, directors have been using 1.78:1 for decades to frame taller is they need to (even Spielberg or Jurassic Park). If he had just filmed this at 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 no one will be saying oh I wish I could see more of what's going on at the top or the bottom of the frame.

If the movie is in 4:3 I will watch it that way no way will I zoom and stretch, but still think its a gimmick and not a good one.

Does the menu screen spoil the fact
superman
is in this movie like the original did? I never saw the trailers so maybe the trailer ruined everything like they always do.

Does the menu screen spoil the fact
superman
is in this movie like the original did? I never saw the trailers so maybe the trailer ruined everything like they always do.
What are you meaning by menu screen?
It’s not that much of a surprise though when he’s been in every piece of promotional material.
1616885882238.jpeg

Amazon UK now listing as 24th May.

Official artwork:
81Pv0UZq+OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Will it be four hours on one disc?

Still can't believe there was 2 hours of unused footage for the final film. I like Joss Whedon but his input stuck out like a sore thumb.

Still can't believe there was 2 hours of unused footage for the final film. I like Joss Whedon but his input stuck out like a sore thumb.
Two discs and it’s 2 and a half hours of new footage as Jossitice League included his reshoots none of which are present in the Snyder cut.

According to WB it’s 2 discs, also here’s what’s included.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that the "Snyder Cut" will be available to own on Digital Download from April 19th, and on 4K, Blu-Ray and DVD from May 21st.

4K, BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
“Zack Snyder’s Justice League” 4K and Blu-Ray contains the following special feature:

Road To Justice League (Featurette): Director Zack Snyder reflects on his trilogy of films in the DC Universe

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ELEMENTS

“Zack Snyder’s Justice League” Digital Download contains the following special features (select retailers only):

Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Justice League Grey (Feature): For years the #Snydercut existed in black and white and shown to only a select few. Now Warner Bros. are bringing “Justice Is Grey” to fans in Ireland for the first time as additional content available to customers who purchase a digital download of “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” from selected digital retailers only

Building A Scene: A Thrilling look at how the film’s most incredible scenes were brought to life

Is a standard Blu included with the 4K release?

So have they split the film across two discs like the LoTR trilogy....? I kind of hope so because it means they can max out the bitrate....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom