Zack Snyder's - Justice League (2021) 4K UHD

Yes.

It looked fine, for the most part.

Framed for 1.33:7, my hole.
thanks,

just deciding weather to stump up the cash to watch it on HBO or free trail on NOW tv, down side there being on HD and no 5.1 as on apple tv, but is free!

thanks,

just deciding weather to stump up the cash to watch it on HBO or free trail on NOW tv, down side there being on HD and no 5.1 as on apple tv, but is free!

Now TV is 5.1 - Dolby Digital+ depends what device you use for it.

Now TV is 5.1 - Dolby Digital+ depends what device you use for it.

as said apple 4Ktv so stereo currently unless I change it to multi channel

So much positivity about this that even I - yes your eyes do not deceive you! - might give this a blast! Mainly because I didn't mind Batman - Dawn of Justice and I absolutely love Snyder's Watchmen. Don't get me started on the Watchmen TV series... :rolleyes:

Just finished this on HBO and loved it! The HDR in the Russia scenes (Part 6) is just immense!! Gonna look ridiculously good on a full phat bitrate Disc! Please be DV!

Just finished watching it wow a massive improvement over the whedon cut,didn’t feel like 4 hours passed had the full cinema treatment at home with the family,sweets,popcorn and some pizza haha roll on the 4K disc will be rewatching it no doubt

Just finished watching it wow a massive improvement over the whedon cut,didn’t feel like 4 hours passed had the full cinema treatment at home with the family,sweets,popcorn and some pizza haha roll on the 4K disc will be rewatching it no doubt
Agree 100%.

As soon as it’s available to pre-order I’ll be doing so.

I signed up to Now yesterday. My first surprise was that it was in 4/3. I hadn't read up a great deal on it and I had no idea it wasn't in wide-screen. I have heard people raving about how good it was and how the 4 hours felt like 2 hours. I'm afraid I only managed about 90 to 100 minutes. I loved Watchmen but this wasn't doing it for me at all. I'm not entirely sure if I'll go back to finish it.

Bri

Liked it. But not like 4:3 format. Beyond me why Snyder choose that format. Hate the black bars at both sides. I hope the 4K disc is not in that format. No buy for me then.

Last edited:
I signed up to Now yesterday. My first surprise was that it was in 4/3. I hadn't read up a great deal on it and I had no idea it wasn't in wide-screen. I have heard people raving about how good it was and how the 4 hours felt like 2 hours. I'm afraid I only managed about 90 to 100 minutes. I loved Watchmen but this wasn't doing it for me at all. I'm not entirely sure if I'll go back to finish it.

Bri
Funny I like Watchmen but yet find it a slog.

Liked it. But not like 4:3 format. Beyond me why Snyder choose that format. Hate the black bars at both sides. I hope the 4K disc is not in that format. No buy for me then.
The 4K and Blu-ray will be 4:3

The film was shot on IMAX cameras 35mm with 1.33:1 aspect ratio
Zack Snyder’s intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 1:43 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen,

The ratio 1.33:1 is the same as the 4:3 ratio of a television screen.

To see the film in 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 aspect ratio that means cropping the upper and bottom portions of the image for regular movie theaters to shown in widescreen that's what they did for the cinema release in 2017 and for home media releases

SnyderWidescreen_example.jpg

You see more image with the 4:3 aspect ratio as it means the image does not need to be cropped
Zack Snyder’s want's you to watch the film in it's original aspect ratio without been cropped for widescreen

Last edited:
Please give me a steelbook/digibook.

I’m not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, I just can’t get into it due to the Aspect ratio, also some of the effects look really poor IMO

I’m not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, I just can’t get into it due to the Aspect ratio, also some of the effects look really poor IMO
And there's your avatar looking like a Mother Box.

The 4K and Blu-ray will be 4:3

The film was shot on IMAX cameras 35mm with 1.33:1 aspect ratio
Zack Snyder’s intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 1:43 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen,

The ratio 1.33:1 is the same as the 4:3 ratio of a television screen.

To see the film in 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 aspect ratio that means cropping the upper and bottom portions of the image for regular movie theaters to shown in widescreen that's what they did for the cinema release in 2017 and for home media releases

View attachment 1479284

You see more image with the 4:3 aspect ratio as it means the image does not need to be cropped
Zack Snyder’s want's you to watch the film in it's original aspect ratio without been cropped for widescreen

Ok. Liked much more the full screen look on the standard Justice Leauge 4K Disc. But like this version much more as a movie.

So much positivity about this that even I - yes your eyes do not deceive you! - might give this a blast! Mainly because I didn't mind Batman - Dawn of Justice and I absolutely love Snyder's Watchmen. Don't get me started on the Watchmen TV series... :rolleyes:

You won't be disappointed. And if you like 300 as well, you'll find those buttons get pressed too.

I really liked this. I'm not a fan of any of these recent DC offerings but I really enjoyed this.
I could of watched more. The aspect ratio is forgotten in minutes.
I watched in UHD on Sky and felt it could of done with HDR to really get it popping.

8/10 for me.

The only bad thing about this movie is that it wont get sequels since WB isn't moving forward with them. This was supposed to be trilogy so we're left with cliffhanger and unanswered questions - at least major one.
I just don't know if i can't deal with that :-s.

They have it as 31/12/21 (maybe a placeholder) I thought it was out in May.

Yeah a placeholder date, Amazon UK do the same with some placeholders

well here the lowdown :laugh:
spoilers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom