Question Z9D Dirty Screen? Help!

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Marie35, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Marie35

Marie35
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I just got a new TV (Z9D) and while the image is very good, some screens with grey have an inordinate amount of noise. It really mainly happens on menus on the TV - especially Netflix, where the grey in the background is really uneven. I'm thinking this may be the "dirty screen" effect I read about, but I just wanted it confirmed, as well as whether the built in android youtube app is somehow supposed to have this uneven background by nature (probably wishful thinking!)

I guess I'm dreading hauling this heavy thing back to the store, but if I have to, I have to. :suicide: I've attached a photo - it doesn't look quite as bad in reality but not really far from it.

I'm not much of an expert so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks so much! :)

Marie

Attached Files:

2. mad steve

mad steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Oh that looks terrible and does look like DSE, sadly there’s no way i could live with that.. I have a sammy Q7 and it doesn’t have a single bit of DSE. Not trying to compare, I’m just saying what your showing is be very unhappy.