z5500 logitech issue....

F

flush01

so i got z5500 sound system not too long ago... after putting everything together under my desk eerything worked like a charm, very good system... here's my issue... in few days my monitor (gateway 21 inch) started to have these red horizontal lines going on my screen, I didn't know what was up at first... tryed everything possible from formating to switching video card and changing cables from dvi to vga... anyways, to make it shorter, I turned of and disconnected z5500 sound system, and my screen went back to normal.... those red lines are gone... so my question is WHY did z5500 cause it ? (it does say in the manual to keep it 60cm away from computer due to powerful sub, i kept it way more then 60cm away from computer and monitor)... anyone experienced same thing ? whats the solution ? can I put something around it or something ? :confused:

i moved it FAR away today from my screen, but i want to keep it under my desk hmm

The sub is not magnetically shielded, that's your problem :thumbsup:

To my knowledge there's not a lot you can do except move the sub away from the monitor. I personally had a notice sellotaped to my sub stating the sub kicked such a big magnetic signal it can damage your TV/monitor. mine is about a meter away from my LCD and two meters away from my CRT monitor with no interference. hope i help. :thumbsup:

Apparently after a bit of googling a metal panel of some sort can reflect the magnetic signal. :lesson:

To my knowledge there's not a lot you can do except move the sub away from the monitor. I personally had a notice sellotaped to my sub stating the sub kicked such a big magnetic signal it can damage your TV/monitor. mine is about a meter away from my LCD and two meters away from my CRT monitor with no interference. hope i help. :thumbsup:

lol i got my sub at the end of the room now.... i wanted it under the desk but oh well.... we'll see how it goes, hopefully more interference ;) thx man

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom