Z4 vs (AE900 and MT400) impression - french review

fantasyl

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've found on french site these small review of sanyo z4 against AE900 and MT400, to my knowledge the second one after the cine4home review....

Translation (by human) is welcome to understand whole meaning.....using online translation tools I did not understand some sentences.......a translated post here would be really appreciated

http://www.hifissimo.com/store/load...nc-d-essai-Panasonic-PTAE900-Sanyo-PLVZ4.html

http://www.hifissimo.com/store/load...t/Banc-d-essai-Toshiba-MT400-Sanyo-PLVZ4.html

Bottom line seems to be he far prefferd Z4 to Panasonic 900, feeling the Sanyo was a generation ahead, and it was only a pre-production sanyo with 5000-1 contrast as supposed to apparently 7000-1 (believe it when we see it) The panasonic was a final retail version. VB still existing on all the LCDs, though he reckoned 95% away and with possible further improvement. All in all makes me feel happier about my Sanyo pre-order

I expected more comment on this and maybe a better translation :~)) from some kind soul. Don't tell me the "which is better" debate on these projectors is cooling before they are even out ?

I'm hoping the Z4 is going to come up good as I REALLY like the dust puffer holes as Sanyo seem to be the only company to have actually listened to users and tried to offer a sollution as opposed to stripping your projector apart and using a can of compressed air.

On a side note: Am I right in remembering even though the resolution is the same on these new machines, that screendoor is less as the gaps (black bits) actually between the pixels has been made smaller on the latest panels these are all using?

Tempest said:
I'm hoping the Z4 is going to come up good as I REALLY like the dust puffer holes as Sanyo seem to be the only company to have actually listened to users and tried to offer a sollution as opposed to stripping your projector apart and using a can of compressed air.

On a side note: Am I right in remembering even though the resolution is the same on these new machines, that screendoor is less as the gaps (black bits) actually between the pixels has been made smaller on the latest panels these are all using?

These dust holes work very well on the Z3 and yes, the Z4 panels have less screendoor than the current crop of epson D4 panels

Comer said:
These dust holes work very well on the Z3 and yes, the Z4 panels have less screendoor than the current crop of epson D4 panels

Excellent.....

Unless something comes along to mess things up (as they often do) I can see myself upgrading very soon now :)

I will probably pull the trigger on either the Z4 or Pt-ae900 depending on head to heads comparisons and some demo's if possible.

I'm hoping the Z4 will throw the best picture because for my installation, ceiling mounted, the automatic lens cover is a great feature on the Z4.

As the Sanyo has always been playing catch up to the Panny. Maybe Sanyo has finally invested the time and effort to finally surpass Panasonic's effort.

I really hope so. We need a lot more trusted reviews and 1st hand reports before we'll know for certain...

Probably a bit early to ask (but will anyway)

Does anyone know if the Z4 will be able to throw as large an image (from the same distance away from the screen) as a Pannie AE200 can?

I'm "Just" managing a 7ft wide screen and I would not want to get a new projector and find that from my same distance (which can't be increased) I have to settle for a smaller image.

Main reason is I'd have to mess about bigtime with my screen which is custom designed for a 7ft image.

Anyone know yet, or too soon?

Sanyo Z4 vs Pannie AE200 throw?

Excellent as the Z4 will undoubtedly be, those Epson pics looked so good I'd be waiting for a comparison with that before jumping in with both feet. Just my opinion though...PJ :)

I think looking at the specs, the epson units might be better for those wanting to use the PJ in varying light conditions, as they pretty bright!

wassap said:
I think looking at the specs, the epson units might be better for those wanting to use the PJ in varying light conditions, as they pretty bright!

Yup, trouble is (as we all know) specs on projectors (unlike many computer componants) don't always mean the same thing in the real world. Esp when different makers seem to have their own way of measuring the specs :(

I guess none of us will REALLY know until we have some true side by side comparisons.

Just hope retailers who stock the different models may be a bit more forthcoming with info on these new machine than they were with the last gen models.

i'm waiting for the epson as well but I fear it may get over shadowed by a battle between the Z4 and the 900....:(

wassap said:

Haven't really look at the specs, it was the clarity and detail of the pic which was stunning. Hopefully they'll all be as good... hopefully...PJ

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom