1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z4 component conection problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by magnole01, Oct 28, 2005.

1. magnole01

magnole01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for sounding so stupid but i have brought a Sanyo PLV-Z4 projector and have connected it to my DVD player via component leads but can only get a black and white picture.

Have i brought the wrong type of component lead as i have read about RGB component leads and "true" component leads so was wondering if there is more than 1 type of lead. ????????

2. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a quick look at your DVD players manual - i know with my tuner i had to select an option to get it to send colour rather than black and white (over s-video). Maybe theres something similar?

3. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure you haven't accidentally swapped two of the cables. That is, make sure blue goes to blue, green to green etc... and that each cable makes proper contact. Just a thought.

4. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I had a minor panic on my Z4 when I first set it up via component, in that I couldn't get a signal at first. I switched the DVD player to output 570p, not 570i and it was fine.

Squibbly

5. magnole01

magnole01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to crack it by playing with the output settings on my DVD player and changing it to RGB with component, obvious and easy when you know how, so minor panic over.

Thanks for your help !!

6. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Squibbly, does this mean that the Z4 won't accept a non progressive signal on the component inputs? I've got a Toshiba 220 DVD player which outputs interlaced component video, so it'd be a shame if I couldn't use this (if I ever choose a Z4...)

7. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs, glad to help - enjoy your new z4 :thumbsup: