1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 Wot no dust blobs?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by boksbox, Oct 16, 2004.

1. boksbox

boksbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    As one of those in terminal indecision as to which projector to buy, I was interested to see the projector central review of the Sanyo Z3.
    It has a means of removing dust blobs form the panels, do those in the know think this is a killer feature?

Most of us can't afford a seal unit type projector and some of us live in less than dust free environments the feature seems like a winner to me.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    It is handy isnt it.

Sanyo seem to be admitting there is a problem with dust getting into its Z series, which many people suspect is caused by the Lens shift. It looks like they have improved the covering around the lens too.

As for a killer feature, not sure. If it works though its a god send. Dust is a real pain.

Cap :)

3. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I seem to remember many many postings from AE500 owners about dust issues too, so would be nice if Panasonic admitted the same problem too.

To be honest, if they are going to refuse to seal the optics (which they current are doing (Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony etc) then the Sanyo option at least one manufacturer has listened to users and have given them a way to deal with the issue rather than pretend it does not happen, and expect owners to dismantle their £1000+ machines and blow canned air inside the units.

Personally I think Sanyo should be given a big :smashin: for this feature.

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,922
    But at the end of the day the dust is still going to be inside the projector, it's not being removed is it. Even so, have to give Sanyo some credit for designing something into the Z3 to help tackle the problem.

Andy

5. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Yeah, I know and it's a pain.
    And the same goes for all the Panasonic Models & I'm guessing the Sony's (but not sure as I suppose SOME sony's may be sealed)

I'm assuming it's a COST issue only, as some projectors have sealed optics, so I wonder on a £1500 projector, just how much more manufacturing cost would sealed optics really be? £50, £100?