1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 swap out warranty

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kahless725, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you know that I have had a quote to change the 3 year RTB warranty on the Sanyo Z3 to a swap out warranty and it is £199. So if your like me and plan to keep it for that long then guaranteeing you have a Projector all the time for 3 years its a bargain.

Just wanted to let you know in case any Z3 owners out there are interested.

Cheers
    Robert.

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I paid £165 to cover my HS20 for 5 years, including full accidental cover and all sorts of things. New for old replacement as well.

That £199 sounds like a rip off to me if all it is, is an upgrade on a standard warranty !

3. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    ...Is the Z3 only a one year warranty?

I am sure my Z2 has a three year warranty as standard....

4. morph42

morph42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Z3 is a 3 Years RTB warranty - the original post is refering to an upgrade to that

5. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ah! - miss- read it... I see its to UPGRADe the factory 3 year warranty to a swap out warranty...

I dont think its worth it unless they swap it out for a newer model....

D

6. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £199 for total peace of mind and a loan unit if mine fails while it is being repaired seems like a good deal for me for three years.

Was the HS20 warranty a swap out one?

There is a third party swap out warrany available from where I purchased for £168 but I though for the sake of £32 I might as well get the Sanyo one.

7. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Loan unit is a great idea, but has anyone ever got a loan unit whilst there PJ is away ?

Warranty's that I've had, even in the first year when something has gone wrong in order to get a loan PJ you have to wait a few weeks. So you are without a PJ no matter what. In fact it's sometimes just quicker to send the damn PJ back and get it repaired than to wait for a loan to become available !

HS20 warranty is not a loan unit. Straightforward insurance cover warranty, totally comprehensive and covers accidental damage as well. New for old included. So if my PJ goes kapput 2-3 years from now and repairs are uneconomical they'll simply offer you a new PJ rather than repair.

I can assure you £199 is not that good a deal for that upgrade. BUT if it gives you peace of mind then it maybe a good deal for you :)