1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 no VB myth

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hubscher, Dec 11, 2004.

1. hubscher

hubscher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello....

I am tired of hearing that Z3 has no VB. I owned one. I returned it after 50 Hrs. It suffered from VB. Sorry all you Z3 users... It's true. It can be tuned down though. It is a known problem of the LCD chip that both pany and sanyo use.

:oops:

So if you believe the Z3 has no VB, you can live in your delusional world.

If you do not want VB, buy the sony Hs52. It rocks.... To bad my wife would not let me own one....

I returned my Z3 due to zoom issues. I purchased an Ae700. Less VB in the 700 than the Z3. This is mostly a luck thing. Sadly, 700 does not have a good tuning method...

- me

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,514
    Great post.... the Z3 has as little VB as can be realistically expected from an Epson D4 panel. In my opinion VB is not an issue on this projector, it was worse on the AE700 I had briefly.

Andy.

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I thought they used the D5 panel in the Z3 :confused:

The panel has the VB I think some PJ's leave the factory better calibrated than others that's all.

4. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My Z3 has the least VB in HDMI i've ever seen in a LCD projector which I would be brave enough to equate to almost "none"

In my "delusional" world I would consider sweeping statements don't need an apology ...

I will view the HS50 (is the HS52 a special model that has been released while the rest of us were unaware?) this week and I will give a critical, objective and USEFUL verdict of it's performance.

5. mattwakeman

mattwakeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking forward to this ROne as I am on the bubble between the Z3 and the Sony.