1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 "no show" feature

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bramski, Sep 18, 2005.

1. bramski

bramski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I just got myself a Z3 and I've mainly been using it in my den on my PC for games and some movies. I'm wondering if the no show feature is suitable for just resting the PJ inbetween tasks rather than putting it on standby or leaving it on a desktop picture.

Does the No show feature still burning up the same bulb hours as if it were still hitting the pj screen? only reason I ask is that theres still a light omitting from the lens. I don't want to waste valuable bulb life on a blank desktop but I don't want to shorten it either by putting the PJ on standby several times a day.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Hi

No show does not turn off the lamp in any way so you will still increase your hours.

However, there is nothing worse for your lamp than reigniting it when it is still warm. If you are leaving your projector for half an hour or so (probably even longer), then you will preserve your lamp life by leaving it turned on and using no-show.

Regards

Steve

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    The above advice sounds sensible, but it has prompted a question in my mind.

Presumably this no show feature is the same as projecting a totally black image (my TX100 goes into this sort of mode if the startup screen is left on for a while).

The question is, if the lamp is on but no light is being projected is the heat build-up in the PJ much greater?...PJ :)

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Well that's a very good point!

I'd assume that as the light path is cooled so much before it actually hits the LCD panels it's most unlikely that it makes any difference...

Steve