1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 - light bands on top & bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Plamff, May 21, 2005.

1. Plamff

Plamff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have had a Sanyo Z3 for a month or so now.

I'm very pleased with it - but have noticed a strange thing. At the top and bottom of the picture there is a band 4-5 pixels wide that is a bit lighter than the rest of the image. I initially suspected a panel alignment problem, but the R G and B panels seem to be well aligned.

It disappears on darker images but is worst on light coloured / panning views.
    It's not the end of the world.....but you know how it is...once you notice these damn things.

Any advice appreciated :confused:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    It may be "hidden" extra info eg subtitles / closed captions etc transgressing onto the visible pic. Is there an overscan option on the Z3 which will allow you to "nip it off"...PJ :)

3. Plamff

Plamff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure. Will check it out if I can do this.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly rear mirrow alignment, try inputting a white signal, you should be able to check for uniformity, if still have shading, get it fixed under warranty :hiya:

5. Plamff

Plamff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks, will try that :)

6. Plamff

Plamff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried inputting a white signal and cannot see the lightening.

Also, I tried red, green and blue signals and they all seem OK.

After extensive scrutiny -
    You can't see it on v. dark or v. light images, only medium images (blue skies for instance).

The topmost and bottommost 2-3 rows of pixels are lighter than they should be and the next 2-3 rows pixels inside are slightly darker.

This happens on every screen mode - full / widescreen etc.

I phoned Sanyo technical helpline - the chap told me it was dust on the panels and suggested I clean them with the puffer. Didn't have a lot of confidence in that advice but did it anyway - no change.

Amusingly, I was getting obsessed with the mild VB until I saw the light bands at the top and bottom of the picture. Now I don't notice the VB.

Perhaps, I've got a compulsive/obsessive personality :rolleyes:

7. Geesus

Geesus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +366
    I think its only natural to notice every fault when you first buy something - especially if you read this forum :rotfl:

I'm just getting on with enjoying mine now - even the dead pixel isn't bothering me at all - use it, enjoy it, then upgrade a year later - job done! ;)

8. Plamff

Plamff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good advice.
    :thumbsup: