Z3 and proper High Def material

spickee

Established Member
Reaction score
Have had my Z3 now for about 3 months and can only say I am loving it. The wife isn't so keen but that's more to do with room arrangement at the minute, the seats are too close to the screen, we need to turn the room round.

Have currently got the Z3 fed 95% of the time through my chipped xbox with high def kit. Excellent as a DVD player using Avalaunch, and general media player using XBMC. Gaming is also great, haven't managed to get hold of a 720p title yet though, waiting for the 360 really (ordered from Amazon).

I thought I'd have a play with a PC input last night and some of the WMVHD clips. Downloaded, set the resolution up at 1280 x 720, plugged in the PJ and :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

The projector took on a new dimension, what I had thought of as a fantastic picture before on an upscaled DVD looked awful in comparison. The HD clips were something else, bright colours, detail that was just incredible. If you want to show your mates something when it comes to home cinema and how good it can look I would strongly recommend downloading some of these and taking a look.

Now I just need to take the plunge and buy those cables so I can move the room around in time for Christmas. Also found a great mount that isn't a mount at argos, either the 5342866 or 0480572, neither are spot on or ideal but turned upside down and securely mounted should be fine for 20 notes. More money, getting set to lose a testicle for my troubles.

Post some 720 pictures for us all to see :)

-Jay- said:
Post some 720 pictures for us all to see :)

Check my proshow in the MY SETUP link in my signature for a 1280x720 projected image :)

Also got to mention that you should try some HR HDTV AC3 tv episodes. More information about whats available on http://www.tvtorrent.info/

LOST season 2 HR HDTV AC3 version (not quite 720 but FFDshow upscales to 720) is awesome!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom