1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z3 and HDMI input

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by morph42, Nov 18, 2004.

1. morph42

morph42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all - apologies for asking a question on my first post.

I have had a Z3 for a few days now and so far have been blown away by the picture quality from a component feed. Today I have tried to connect my PC to the projector using a 3m DVI to HDMI lead from Maplin. The clarity of my PC desktop on the projector screen is very good - the only hitch is that about 5-10% of the screen on all 4 sides is out of view - it appears that the image has some overscan on it. I have an ATI 9800pro card and use the latest 4.11 catalyst drivers and the resolution is running at 1280-720 to match the projector.

I have tried to mess around with powerstrip settings with no avail.

I have also plugged my PC into a friends Z2 using his DVI-DVI cable and it works perfectly.

Is the problem something to do with the Z3 or possibly the cable I am using?

Thanks in advance

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    You can adjust the overscan on the Z3 in the advanced menu.. check the manual it's in there somewhere. I think the default is 10% overscan but you can reduce that down to 0% if you want

Cheers
    Andy

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that overscan was set to 10 on mine as well by default. When I get the Samsung DVD player which uses a Farathing scaler to scale to 720p do I need to set overscan to 0 in a similar way as you need to with PC's?

4. morph42

morph42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, that was an easy fix - I hadn't seen that menu before.

Thanks for the help. I hope you're enjoying your Z3 as much as I am enjoying mine