1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2's bulbs gone and I'm thinking of upgrading.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pringtef, May 24, 2005.

1. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    After a really good run at it, my Z2 bulb died on me yesterday.

I've ordered a new one, and my thoughts are that selling the projector with a brand new bulb might be the best way to realise the best price on it.

So for upgrading, I reckon i could push at a maximum to about £2000, and am looking for recommendations.

Ones that seem to get mentioned quite a bit are the Sanyo Z3, Panny PE700, Sony HS50, BenQ BE7700 (though gather it's not available in the UK yet).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

2. aweinman

aweinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please post how many hours you got on your bulb. I am trying to decide between the Sanyo Z3, Panny PE700 myself. And would like a good estimate of bulb life.

Thanks,
    Allan

3. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Some of the DLP projectors that can be had within your budget are the Optoma H57, Infocus 5700 and almost the Sim2 Domino 18.

Jeff

4. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Really good question regards the Z2 bulb, as it had been used by two previous owners, and i never checked after replacing it.

I think it was on about 350 hours when i got it, and i've been using it for typically three hours a day on average for about 14 months.

Have to confess, i hadnt noticed how dark the picture had gone over the past few months until i put the new bulb in last night. Wow! Like getting a new projector!