1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z200 vs Z9000

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TheBoyGUK, Jan 8, 2004.

1. TheBoyGUK

TheBoyGUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone care to comment if this new Z200 would be better than the Z9000 ?

2. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've seen both at my local retailer the other day as they had the Z9000 on special.

I'm still making my mind up because the quality on the Z200 is a good as the Z9000, but the Z9000 has more inputs.

I suppose Kramer and the gang will be in the know.

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Daftboy,

Are you saying that the PQ on the 200 was similar or indeed matched the 9000 ?

If yes, then the 200 could become the 'budget' DLP machine of choice. Its certainly on my wants list.

Cap:)

4. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Cap,

Yeah, bar the horizontal jitter on the top and bottom of the image. After watching the picture for a few mins the jitter didn't bother me. I also couldn't see the rainbow effect as bad like it was on the Z9000.

I went to Sevenoaks to see this, but I understand Nexnix will do the same demo.

Really recommend looking, but now Iv'e seen that cheap post of the Z200, might save a bit of cash to get that amp I always wanted.

Let us know if you go and have a look. Would be insterested in your opinion before I buy.

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I can honestly say that I was so blown away by the 4:3 Z91E when I had it on an enforced week long loan, I can honestly state that I would buy this PJ blind.

Search out my post on when I compared LCD to DLP and see how highly I rated the Sharp machine.

At the moment, I cant afford to buy this machine we had to have a new combi boiler put in today as our heating broke down on 27 Dec and we have have had no heating nor hot water since - so another £1k gone.

However, my ISA is ticking along nicely and when the prices start to drop on this machine I will hopefully be able to buy one.

One thing I would say is that my opinion of the Panny AE300 I own has improved since I bought a new DVD player.

Cap:smashin:

6. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks Cap for the info.