1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2, what does this setting mean?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dekoded, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Me again, I have now got a 10mtr component cable and have my Z2 connected to my pioneer dv565 dvd-player.
    Whilst twiddling with the settings I found very little difference between outputting pal interlaced component or ntsc progressive component (can't do pal prog) so have decided to stick with pal inter.

After messing with the menu options I somehow managed to lock myself out of the menu, the left hand side of the box appeared but the main box wouldn't!

Do I need to reset my pj?

Also after reading the user guide (p29) I found the 'progressive' setting and it says
    "interlace video signal can be converted to a progressive signal
    off...not activated
    L1...for active picture
    L2...for a still picture"
    What does this mean :confused: , how can it be off when a pj has to display a prog image? is it just a badly written manual? and if not which option should I use with my pal inter component signal?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I can't recall this setting in my old Z2, but from your description it seems to disable the deinterlacer in the projector. You'd want to do this if your are feeding progressive from a player, I assume the Z2 doesn't auto-detect this and thus needs you to tell it using this option perhaps.