Z2 or HS20 price diff dont matter

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phillfyspoon, Nov 27, 2003.

1. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Price difference is not an issue I just need to know which of these two projectors is the best. Im hearing impressive things about the Z2 but not much on the sony. it costs alot more then the Z2 so is it better? I currently have the panasonic ae300 which im selling not that it is not good enough it's just I have to upgrade it's a hobby of mine lol:laugh:

2. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can i register an interest in your a300 if you sell it here

thanx

al :)

( i have put an ad in the forums looking for one )

thanx

3. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    what would you be offering for it? she is only a few months old and has 300 hours on it. used on low lamp and high fan all the time

4. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I can go to £700

thats all i can afford at the moment ( no pressies or food for the kids for xmas ) hehehehe

hope your not offended by that

one previously here went for 650

thanx

al :)

5. Frankie_D

Frankie_D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    phillfyspoon fred123go is the only person at the moment who actually has a Z2 but he is saying it is very good, he used to have an ate200 so it is a lower comparison ill tell him to contact you about it.

6. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Frank-i am not the only onwer, there are others...who seem to be keeping fairly queit atm, what i can tell is that the pq on the Z2 is very good, i need to do some tweaking to it to get rid of the vb and the pq will be great.
    But if money is no objective and you have a long room get the HS20-which will have better pq.
    cheers
    Fred

7. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have recently taken an interest in the HS20. Does anyone know if it suffers from the dreaded vertical bars?

8. Quatermass

Quatermass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well maybe. Of course, if you have the opportunity, the best thing would be to demo them together and see which is the best to you. Also, if you are able to wait, there will be lots more info available on both projectors pretty soon (eg reviews!) which may be of some help.

9. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah but by looking at an improved version of the HS10 i think it will outperform the Z2 by a lot! i the Z2 is very good but i don't think it will perform near the HS20.
    If you have the money go get the HS20, i know i would!
    Fred

10. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  11. Quatermass

Quatermass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fred, have you changed your mind now you have got your Z2 set up properly? :D My impressions from AVS are that it is quite close between them with maybe the Z2 having better contrast and the HS20 more detail. Early days yet though.

12. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Im still not sure what to go for untill I get a HS20 review hoping projectorcentral will deliver because I can see them camparing it to the Z2.

13. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok since i have got my Z2 set up properly i will doubt the HS20 will outperform the Z2 at all, lol!
    I am not sure as i have never seen the HS20, obviously, but i have seen the HS10 in action and the picture is great-i am not sure which one is better my Z2 or the HS10.
    Wait to see the HS20 in action and the Z2 and make your choice, but i stick by my word and would say that if i had a grand spare i would have gone for the HS20.
    Fred

14. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On manufacturer spec alone the HS20 "wins". It is brighter, has similar contrast and higher resolution. But the Z2 is cheaper, and it has that fab lens shift. Both have the iris function.

But we all know that specs mean very little, particularly in the projector game. There is little to choose between the two, so only an A/B demo is going to swing you either way, even then I suspect it would be a difficult choice. In the end it may just come down to a question of which throw suits your room.

Can't really see anyone being upset by the choice of either though, I certainly am very happy with my HS20 !