Z2 On Component , Not Great !

P

PATRICKDORAN

I recently bought a sanyo z2 and had it projecting a 6ft image from 10ft away , but the pic quality wasnt great , i even tried the award winning supra component lead , and it didnt improve much
also i had to watch two towers on ntsc to get a picture ,
any ideas ?
please , im really thinkn of sendin it back !

Are you feeding progressive or interlaced? ... the Z2's de-interlacer in the Z2 is pretty mediocre IMX.

What do you mean by "I had to watch two towers on ntsc" .. I have both PAL and NTSC versions and the Z2 is fine on both.

thanks for replying
im not sure think but think its progressive ,
how do i check ?
im using a toshiba sd43 home cinema ,
for me to watch the two towers i have to change the setting on my dvd player to ntsc , on pal the screen constantly scrolls
and it is a uk pal disc ?????

sorri , im new to projectors
:confused: :confused: :confused:

if it was prog scan its likely the dvd player would have that plastered all over it. I have the feeling you may well be doing interlaced (i could be wrong of course). The internal procesing of the Z2 does leave something to be desired, but its a budget machine so its not what you could call awful.

can you try another player? I could suggest a few things but without being able to try some other machine they wont be much good

ad

Originally posted by PATRICKDORAN
sorri , im new to projectors
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Hey, don't apologise .. it's hard to know the level of knowledge a new poster has, either one can reply in words of one syllable and risk talking down, or else one can use a bit of jargon and wait for the questioner to look bemused. :D

Your having to set the DVD to NTSC in order to play a PAL DVD is most odd ... do you have to do this for all your DVDs?

Unfortunately I don't know the SD43's specs, but if it can't sync to the DVD player when the player is set for PAL it seems to imply it's expecting NTSC.

What sort of connection do you have between the player and the screen/whatever ... I presumed component before, which wasn't a good thing to do ... are you using component, or perhaps s-video?

thanks for the replys ,
i hav'nt tried it on another player , unfortunatley ive sent the projector bak as i wasnt that happy with the picture having
fiddled lots with the picture,
but i would consider getttin it bak if i thought i cud improve the picture , i original sent a hitachi pjtx10
bak as they told me the pic with the z2 wud b much better , but the picture was better on the hitachi if a little more pixely ?
the dvd player is multi region but still don think that xplains why ?
i have a standard component to component vivanco lead connecting the dvd to the pj .
thanks again

AFAIK the Toshiba SD43 isn't a progressive scan machine,does have component connections though, if this is of any help?

did the dvd player work ok format wise with the hitachi?

ad

yeah thanks buns , it worked fine , very strange ,
mayb the projectors is american ?? wud it make a difference
bought it from nexnix..co.uk

Originally posted by PATRICKDORAN
mayb the projectors is american ?? wud it make a difference
bought it from nexnix..co.uk

In the unlikely event that is was a US model, it shouldn't make any difference. It's definitely an €U/UK model anyway - Nexnix.

I'd suspect a player problem/setting or settings on the Z2 are at fault.

:smoke:

ditto to kramer, i cant think what settings it could be that are the problem though.....

ad

Gamma?

Do you think pq is poor because picture is too dark?

Scrolling thing sounds like a player problem - but it worked ok with the hitachi :zonked:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom