Z2 - Need help

T

TheDucatist

Hi guys, great forum and I hope some expert can help me out.

I life in Amsterdam and the concept of having a home cinema is pretty new, so I depent on you guys for experience.

I have purchased a Sanyo PLV-Z2 but I just can not get it to run in 1280x720 for true 16:9. I use a PC with Windows XP and a Geforce Ti4400 videocard with DVI-I hooked up to the PLV-Z2 (HQ Dual Link cable).

Tried solving this using Powerstrip and the specs from the manual and add a monitor to XP with the Z2 specs, but the beamer just won't "auto" jump into D-SXGA 2 (thats what I need right?). Even stranger, if I select a resolution above 1024x768 (say 1280x720) the PLV-Z2 jumps into D-SVGA (800x600) with a picture that obviously I need to scroll through now because its too big.

Help, I'm stuck in the world of 4:3...arggg

Am I stupid, I sure hope not :(

Gee, hope you guys can follow me and help me out because using a S-VHS - scart cable on a Plasma screen is advance viewing for most "experts" here.....erm

Greeting from Holland and wish you all a great 2004,

Rick

P.S. When I try the selected settings for my Z2 on my 4:3 pc monitor it works, obviously I end up with a black bar on top and bottum because this monitor isn't 16:9.

ok...... a few things to try......

1) reboot your pc with the Z2 set to input 2 and av hdcp, for me this has always resulted in the Z2 reporting it can handle 720p.

2) the Z2 is doing auto detect I assume, if not, make sure if is and retry above

3) still not working...... well make sure any secondary displays connected are discabled via the pc and try again

4) you could try and set a non native widescreen res..... 800x450 as an example.

cant think of anythng ovbious more right now, have a try and let us know

ad

Ok, going to give your tips a try and I will let you know the result.

Rick

Gratefull I am very much :)

It works, going to watch my first 16:9 projection...WOW

Thanks a lot for your advice and expertise.

Rick

:) glad it worked, hope you enjoy the remainder of your Christmas

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom