1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2 + HCPC + DVI = Disappointment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jimbobgod, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Jimbobgod

Jimbobgod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to the trouble of buying a 7m DVI cable & setting up a HCPC to use with my Z2 (feeding it a 720p signal), and I have to say, the result was a bit disappointing :( Don't get me wrong, the PQ was very good...just no better than that supplied by my Sony NS930 DVD via component output. Am I missing something?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Don't know about missing anything but maybe if you told us the equipment and software you're using in the PC something may become apparent.

FYI, my Radeon 9600-equipped PC running TheaterTek is noticeably better than my Sony 730 in terms of detail and stability.

3. Jimbobgod

Jimbobgod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a Radeon 9500 Pro graphics card with the latest drivers. For DVD playback I'm currently using WinDVD Platinum, although I've just got a copy of PowerDVD 5 with another graphics card that I've yet to try...

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hmm, not much difference in graphics cards, and while WinDVD isn't my choice (I don't like the softer image it produces) again that too isn't shabby.

You're sure you've got 1:1 mapping, I presume the Z2 displays '720p' in the second menu down (the one below the Input selection).

If that's the case then I have to admit defeat, for now I can't think of any obvious suggestions. Unless that cable is an issue, I know 10m Lindys have caused problems, I use a 5m Lindy and it's fine.

In what way is the image not as good as with your 930?