Z2 for £890

jamiev

what is the voltage of the z2 from pricejapan, and what are the componet connections like? (normal phone to phono??)
would i need a transformer?
has anyone got any experiences with pricejapan and the z2?
are there any other drawbacks?
is the manual available in english on the net?

thanks

:zonked:

K

Kramer

Originally posted by jamiev
what is the voltage of the z2 from pricejapan, and what are the componet connections like? (normal phone to phono??)
would i need a transformer?

An e-mail to the retailer would/will answer those. 110-240v IIRC & yes, regular connections, same as the €U version.

has anyone got any experiences with pricejapan and the z2?

I'm sure someone posted about this in the last few days. Pricejapan are in effect faultless - never heard of even one complaint etc.

are there any other drawbacks?

Just the usual - buying on the internet.

is the manual available in english on the net?

I'm sure it is :p

Loads of useful information to be found using this link.

:smoke:

jtorry

Standard Member
Z2 for £890? How do you get to this? Surely there is going to be a import charge on that as well no?

buns

Banned
there will be indeed vat and import duty. You could be looking at 22%..... which is up towards £1100 and there is no dead pixel check.....

ad

K

Kramer

It's £900 from PJ at current exchange rates by my reckoning. With PJ's usual customs declaration, £80 vat would be payable (sometimes this is not applied). There shouldn't be any import duties payable as the PJs they ship are marked as "computer display devices".

They also offer a "ship back" option for an additional fee (3.3% IIRC) for added peace of mind.

So it would total £900, £980 or £1012 depending on how lucky (or not) one is.

Given the UK/€U pricing, I'd really be looking at a local purchase for a Z2. The savings aren't as good as they once were or are on higher spec/value projectors.

:smoke:

H

HTnovice

I just received my Z2 from pricejapan - I'm in Australia where the Z2 sells for between AU$4k and AU$5k. I paid $2,300 for the Z2 from PJ, but they label the box as if it costs only $1,100, so I ended up only paying $180 import duty. Total cost ended up being $2,480 - including dead pixel return charge (which wasn't necessary).

The projector arrived on the day they said it would, in perfect condition - no dead pixels, no dust blobs. Just had to buy a D4 component cable, and a new power cable.

If you're not too worried about warranty concerns, I thoroughly recommend pricejapan.com.

K

Kramer

Originally posted by HTnovice
I just received my Z2 from pricejapan............Total cost ended up being $2,480

So that's about £1030 at current exchange rates.

I wasn't too far out with my calculations :cool:

K

Khai

I'm gonna get my girlfriend to bring me one over when she next visits me from Tokyo :) This will mean that my Z2 is gonna cost me a whole £703 (pound is pretty strong against the yen at the moment) quid + 5% tax :)

Umm, just out of interest it doesn't have normal component 3xphono on the Japanese model of the Z2. It has a D4 (Sanyo proprietary connector) connector ... you'll need to order a D4 to 3xphono component cable (Pricejapan also offer these at very reasonable prices too).

Khai

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom