1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2 for £890

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamiev, Feb 28, 2004.

1. jamiev

jamiev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    what is the voltage of the z2 from pricejapan, and what are the componet connections like? (normal phone to phono??)
    would i need a transformer?
    has anyone got any experiences with pricejapan and the z2?
    are there any other drawbacks?
    is the manual available in english on the net?

thanks

:zonked:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An e-mail to the retailer would/will answer those. 110-240v IIRC & yes, regular connections, same as the €U version.

I'm sure someone posted about this in the last few days. Pricejapan are in effect faultless - never heard of even one complaint etc.

Just the usual - buying on the internet.

I'm sure it is :p

Loads of useful information to be found using this link.

:smoke:

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Z2 for £890? How do you get to this? Surely there is going to be a import charge on that as well no?

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    there will be indeed vat and import duty. You could be looking at 22%..... which is up towards £1100 and there is no dead pixel check.....

ad

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's £900 from PJ at current exchange rates by my reckoning. With PJ's usual customs declaration, £80 vat would be payable (sometimes this is not applied). There shouldn't be any import duties payable as the PJs they ship are marked as "computer display devices".

They also offer a "ship back" option for an additional fee (3.3% IIRC) for added peace of mind.

So it would total £900, £980 or £1012 depending on how lucky (or not) one is.

Given the UK/€U pricing, I'd really be looking at a local purchase for a Z2. The savings aren't as good as they once were or are on higher spec/value projectors.

:smoke:

6. HTnovice

HTnovice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received my Z2 from pricejapan - I'm in Australia where the Z2 sells for between AU$4k and AU$5k. I paid $2,300 for the Z2 from PJ, but they label the box as if it costs only $1,100, so I ended up only paying $180 import duty. Total cost ended up being $2,480 - including dead pixel return charge (which wasn't necessary).

The projector arrived on the day they said it would, in perfect condition - no dead pixels, no dust blobs. Just had to buy a D4 component cable, and a new power cable.

If you're not too worried about warranty concerns, I thoroughly recommend pricejapan.com.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So that's about £1030 at current exchange rates.

I wasn't too far out with my calculations :cool:

8. Khai

Khai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna get my girlfriend to bring me one over when she next visits me from Tokyo :) This will mean that my Z2 is gonna cost me a whole £703 (pound is pretty strong against the yen at the moment) quid + 5% tax :)

Umm, just out of interest it doesn't have normal component 3xphono on the Japanese model of the Z2. It has a D4 (Sanyo proprietary connector) connector ... you'll need to order a D4 to 3xphono component cable (Pricejapan also offer these at very reasonable prices too).

Khai