1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2 Dustblobs...how often do you clean yours?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jimbobgod, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Jimbobgod

Jimbobgod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like most Z2 owners I've had to live with the irritation & inconvenience of the Z2 dustblob problem. The first dustblob appeared after I'd had the projector about 5 months, and since then their appearence has been getting more & more frequent, to the point where I'm having to clean the pj every ten days or so (I probably only use the pj for between 4-6 hours per week on average). I'm just curious as to whether my experiences are any worse than other owners in this respect? It's sooo inconvenient having to get the pj down off the ceiling mount to clean it so often, expecially as I'm a wheelchair user & consequently have to rely on friends or family to help me out as and when they can :(

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,135
    I have a Z1, had it for nearly 2 yrs, done around 550hrs got 4/5 dustblobs in the first couple of weeks.Cleaned it with compressed air, did not get anymore for around a year then 2/3 more appeared, cleaned it again.

In the last 3 weeks I have had one more appear,so I dont think I have done to bad with dustblobs.

As my Pj is resting ontop of a filing cabinet it's easy to clean only takes around 10/15 mins to take the cover off and have a blast around with the can of air.