1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z2 doesn't detect signal properly

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bursar, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    My Z2 has pretty much been doing this since I got it new and I've kind of lived with it, now however, it's really annoying me.

If I power up the projector, and then switch on the DVD player, the Z2 won't find a signal. Switch on the DVD first, then the projector, everything works.

If I switch off the projector half way through a film, but leave the DVD on, the projector won't find a signal when I switch it on to finish watching.

It's not a problem with the DVD player, as I've tried a Tosh 330 and a Pioneer 370, and I get the same result.

For cabling, I run a S-Video cable from the DVD to a Denon 1803. From there is goes onto the Z2. The Z2 also has composite and DVI cables hooked in the back for additional sources. I don't think it's the Denon at fault either.

Odds are it's now out of warranty, but it's possible that a firmware flash will fix it (it's still running the original firmware from release). Is this something I can easily have a go at?

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Bumpity bump seeing as it has been a while and I still have this problem

3. djinn69

djinn69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Z2 and am experiencing a similar problem to you. My problem however does not depend on the order in which I switch on my components, it simply happens at random intervals. I always switch on my DVD and Amp first, and then my projector. Randomly my projector fails to find a signal.

In my case the only way in which to fix the problem is to switch the projector off using the switch on the back and then back on, switching the Amp/DVD off and on does not help, neither does switching the projector off/on using the remote.

Mine running a recent firmware as only bought it few months ago (can't remember exactly which version off hand though).

If you do find a solution please post back on here, I too find it frustrating :(

4. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    No probs here with my Z2.

5. djinn69

djinn69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    paulw77 - Do you leave your projector in standby?

Bursar - how about you, standby or power on/off using switch? When you say won't find a signal what do you mean? Does this happen only on your s-video input?

If I switch off using the rear switch then I have no problems, however, if I leave in standby this is when I appear to see this problem.

My projector appears to be kind of 'stuck'. If there were no signal then the projector would normally display the blue screen and count down to turn itself off. This does not happen, I simply get the 'welcome screen' displayed all of the time - so the projector is not displaying the signal, but equally is not saying it has no signal either.

I am experiencing this problem when connecting using s-video. Unfortunately, I only have s-video from my DVD and so can only try using this input on my projector - not sure if connecting using other connections would exhibit the same problem.

6. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not all post what firmware your on and then see if its that? djinn69 even though you bought it recently it might have been in stock for a while?

7. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I don't leave my Z2 on standby.

8. djinn69

djinn69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just checked and I have v1.08 firmware, fairly recent, although I believe there may be a v1.09 too.

Am about to upgrade to DVI or component connections, so hopefully problem will go away.