Z2 - Couple of glitches - nothing bad tho

nunew33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
Has anyone one else from the "ex Z2 support group" come across these:

1) The intro Screen freezing. When the startup timer ends you cant select the input. This has only happened once (when I was demoing as well:rolleyes: )

2) The cooler fan and flashing red light dont switch off. This has happened twice now (one of them with the freezing intro screen). The manual says fan should be on for about 5 mins. First time it happened after an hour I switched off at mains and switched on, it worked ok then. Second time I only waited 10 mins and did same. This was with screen freeze, bulb was only on for 30 seconds (300 hours off bulb life for that one methinks).

I use it 3-4 times a week for 2-3 hours each time.

Anyone else had this happen?

Had (1) just once, last week. I'd been using it and powered off in the normal way but a few minutes later I wanted to use it again so turned on. The power-up screen was 'odd' in that there was no background blue, except behind the Sanyo logo and the countdown timers .. at the end of the countdown I couldn't select input or in fact anything, the remote was dead and the power button didn't work.

Switched off and on and it came up okay.

I haven’t suffered either of these problems. The fan/red light not switching off sounds like a real pain – my only suggestion = could it be something to do with the front flap not been open/shut properly (as this, of course, is connected to the power on system)?

Kragorn,

Are you concerned?

Any Z1 owners have this as well?

Quatermass,
I thought that, but when the flap is down the fan is off, the problem is the fan doesnt switch off.

Because its happened from cold (1 in 1st post) on mine it cant be put down to the unit being hot.

If its just me and Kragorn then Im wondering if its worth complaining.

Sorry, can't say any of this has happened to myself.........well not yet anyway.

But if it does will be adding to post, but hopefully not. Hope it is a something and nothing issue for you.

1) The intro Screen freezing. When the startup timer ends you cant select the input.

Not sure if it's the same. But once after i switched from finishing a DVD (component input) to TV tuner in the video (video input) and maybe S-video too (i was playing about) it wouldnt accept the new input source, and just gave me the blue screen with "no input" and the countdown timer. So something about not recognising a change in source, but its only happened the once... <touch wood>

I have a Sanyo (different model) but in the manual it recommends that, with the PJ preset to Auto, you should switch on source equipment first then the PJ. So that the PJ can detect the singnal at boot up I suppose. Anyway, switching from one source to another sometimes confuses the PJ. Simple way to sort it is to go into setup and select source input manually.

Cheers

Croc

t1) has happened five times now. about once a week or 1 in 4 times i use it!

Im beginning to worry

Hi Appear to have exactly the same problem.

About half the time it doesnt switch to the input signal when I start up, sittin g on the into splash.

although all menus can be brought up on screen, I can get no switch over to input 1 or 2, the text appears, but the splash screen stays.

Then when I power it down, it stays in cool down for ever!

I have to turn off at the main power switch then everything seems fine.

This is really annoying as it was all brilliant for 2 months.

Did anyone ever find a solution or a cause for this?

I've only had each of these problems once, but worringly both recently on the same weekend.

The "no input" was annoying because i was adding cables at the time, so i thought it was them being broken or something. Then i had the fan going continuously, but it seems better again now (massive wood tapping). I'm hoping it lasts happily till the Z4 or some other next-gen LCD chip comes out cheap.

Unfortunately my Z2 seems pretty consistant on this issue.

I have emailed techinical, but have no idea if Sanyo UK is a black hole or not.

I have seen mention of this from at least 4 sources, but no speculation as to cause or comment on solution.

I am hoping someone here will give us the benifit of their experience.

Next step will be to do a full hard reset and see if behaviour stabilizes :-(

Next step will be to do a full hard reset and see if behaviour stabilizes :-(
Before doing this make sure you go into your service menu and record all your settings first. Otherwise you'll loose all your calibration settings. I can't remember off the top of my head how you access the service menu, but a quick search will reveal the way for sure, loads written about this at one time or another.

Cheers

Croc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom