1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1 throw distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott686868, Jan 15, 2004.

1. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the max throw distance for the Z1?

Also, got it temp set up just now and the pj is in line with the bottom of screen, the actual picture is straight but the borders are big at top and small at bottom, or is it the opposite!!!

Anyway, is this because the pj is so low? and how do people overcome this when the projector is sitting on a coffee table ect

The keystone just fixes the actual picture and not the border, is this correct ?

It seems to get a perfect border you would have to have the pj mounted dead centre of screen which would mean a very long ceiling mount, wooooh, watch your head :zonked:

2. ShortNick

ShortNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had my Z1 on a shelf about 12" from the roof and needed a lot of keystone as it was sat on its feet. The picture was okay but I don't know what you mean by borders. I presume you mean the area the light covers with no input:confused: Anyway, I bought a 30 cm downtube ceiling mount from LMP and my pj is now upside down, level with the top of the screen, about 6" above my head when I'm under it! No keystone is needed as the lens shift allows the whole image to move and the literature for the Z1 shows the pj level with the bottom of the screen (in your case) or top of the screen (in mine, but ceiling mounted). The shaded areas I used to see (your borders I presume) with keystone have now gone as the whole of the LCD panels are now being used for the picture. I have a 7' screen and the pj is about 10' away. For details on throw distances see this site:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm

I suggest you place the pj level with the bottom of your screen (or slightly higher if poss) or get a ceiling mount and have it level or slightly below the top of the screen. LMP are very good and reasonably priced:

http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk/mounthome.shtml

Don't forget to allow for the slight offset of the lens and place the pj as central as possible (width-wise) to the screen.

Hope this helps, sorry if I've gone on a bit!!:)

3. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes and not at all

Yes, it's helped me out as i was starting to get a bit worried, but have raised the pj as a trial and the pic and borders are perfect now, as for the ceiling mount, going to speak to next door as hes a fabricator so i'm sure he can come up with something for the price of 4 beers..........

And no, you never went on a bit, you can never get too much help

Cheers