Quantcast

Z1 or AE300

Fonzerelli

Standard Member
Thanks to everyone on here for the great advice so far, and im almost about to buy my new projector.

which of the above would you go for? my previous projector was the PTAE100 so i assume both of these are going to be better quality than that, also both have rave reviews. ive had an audition on both and loved both the pictures, but they where at different shops so i couldnt see them side by side :(

What do you think?

calscot

Standard Member
Z1 Pros:
Used to be much cheaper but not sure about now.
Lens shift. An invaluable tool which should not be underestimated - I use it all the time for fine adjustments as not all dvd's or sources are perfect and some are badly cropped.
1:1 pixel mapping.
2 year warranty.

Cons:
Pixel structure at less than 2x screen width viewing distance.
Sometimes a bit noisy.
Pixel mapping mode has to be selected everytime it's switched on at the mains.

AE300 pros:
Smoothscreen technology - no pixel structure.
RGB Scart in (but Z1 has RGB - VGA in, same thing, different cable)

Cons:
Softish picture.
No 1:1 pixel mapping.
Only 1 year warranty.

Both have similar reviews.

Delh68

MAW - I could be interested if Fonzerelli isn't, if the price was right ( shouldn't u have quoted one according to T&C's (!?) anyway??)

Delh68

MAW

Banned
No, if I put it in classified I must quote of course. Spur of the moment thing, I haven't put any energy into a price yet, but I will. As long as mods. don't object I'll pm you with a price, obviously no obligation, try before you buty if geographically possible!

Mirablo

Standard Member
"Z1 Pros:
Used to be much cheaper but not sure about now.
Lens shift. An invaluable tool which should not be underestimated - I use it all the time for fine adjustments as not all dvd's or sources are perfect and some are badly cropped.
1:1 pixel mapping.
2 year warranty."

http://www.shootandshow.co.uk/sanyo-plv-Z1.htm

**Comes with Free DVD/VCR Combo Unit & 3 Year On Site Warranty**

Top Bottom