Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Z1 noise issues (reply from Sanyo Germany)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mattij, Dec 4, 2002.

1. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sent an enquiry to Sanyo Germany about the cooling fan issues that some of the Z1 owners have experienced and got a following reply:

<clip>
    although the projector is running in silent mode, but the temperature inside
    of the unit is increasing, the fan should run faster to avoid any damages in the projector.
    This behave of the projector is depending on the surrounding temperature and isn't a defect.
    The switch-on point of the cooling fan is adjustable. After adjustment has been done, the
    effect wouldn't appear under 'normal' conditions.
    For this adjustment please contact our service station.
    </clip>

2. Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I for one would prefer the fan on the unit I get to run faster periodically to cool the thing down rather than the whole unit failing. Maybe Panasonic should have included such a feature on the AE100!

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    new firmware resolves this allegedly.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    My AE100 does have this feature, I run it in eco mode and now and then I hear it speed up to help cool the projector down.