1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1, Modded Xbox and progressive

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by timmers, Oct 10, 2004.

1. timmers

timmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    HI there,

Quick question..When your playing xbox and you change from 480p to 720p should the output on screen drop to about half its size?

Cheers

Timmers

Sanyo Z1
    Modded Xbox and MS HD pack

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    no...
    Changing the option in the MS dash only tells the Xbox what signal your display device can accept. It is up to the game which output it does. IF you display device can handle all outputs, set them all to yes IMO.
    Most games are still only 480p though, but even those that aren't it shouldn't change your image size at all.

3. timmers

timmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks.

I guess when I asked the question it was a bit rhetorical...I have my xbox set to yes on all 480p and the rest as well. I cant quite get my head round the technical bit! If the game is only outputting 480p but i set the proj to 720p will this cause the picture to be half the size? This begs the question (thinking out loud now!!))) why do what Im doing anyway! I guess im just messing around with the gear as Ive only picked up the hd pack yesterday....

No worries....just need to get a proj with 1040p and that will totally confuse me!!

Thanks

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    lol, sorry mate, see what you mean.
    If you're putting a 480p signal into PJ and set PJ to 720p (not familiar with your PJ) then it should just up or downscale as required so should still fill the screen