1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1 failure

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ashbash, Feb 12, 2003.

1. ashbash

ashbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have had my Sanyo PLV-Z1 for a almost a month now, and been very happy with it so far.

However, Monday night, I switched it on at the back (hard power, not the soft power-on button on top), and nothing happened. Nothing. So I power-cycled it a few times and checked that it had power at the power cord.

Finally, I turned it on again, and the red lamp light started to flash. The green ready light did not come on. It won't power up as the green ready light is not on. The lamp replace light is *not* on BTW, and an ycase, it only has a few hours on it, and I have followed the power-down procedure.

I called the supplier, Ivojo Multimedia, who in turned called Sanyo. I have to send it to the service centre to be fixed.

Wish I'd kept the box and packaging now! :-(

Anyone else come across this problem?

Ashley

2. ashbash

ashbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sanyo say it needs a new power supply.
    So it is not just a Panasonic problem!

Should get it back within a week.

Ashley

3. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,837
    ash, if you get it back within then fine, otherwise I would be demanding an immediate REPLACEMENT or full refund.

To spend over a grand on an item and within 4 weeks it goes wrong....a return to the service centre is imho unacceptable.

4. ashbash

ashbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got it back now. Works again! :) Hurrah!

I threw away the original packaging (big mistake). So wrapped it well in a big cardboard box. I thought at least Sanyo would send it back in new, original, correct packaging. But no! They sent it back as I sent it, well wrapped in the big box.

I would have thought that the least they could do for my troubles was to send it back in a nice new box!? (Which I promise I would never throw away!) But no.

Not good IMO.

Ashley