1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1 - Denon 2800 via component, am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dooloo, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sanyo Z1 connected to a Denon 3801 receiver via composite video, and to a Denon 2800 DVD by component video. It all works fine via composite, but when I select component on the Z1 I cant get a picture. Am I missing something basic or is there a problem with either the Z1 or the 2800, and if so, any ideas on how I could work out which bit of kit has the fault? There is no continuity problem with the leads. Any help gratefully received as ever!:)

2. digital601

digital601

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you connect from Denon 2800 via component to reciever
    you have to use component out to your projector(from reciever).
    Denon 3801 does not convert composite to component or vise-verser.Only the newer model 3803 can convert composite to component.
    Hope this help.:smoke:

3. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response Digital. The 2800 DVD is connected directly to the Z1 via component, and through the 3801 via composite. Composite works fine but nothing with component.....?

4. digital601

digital601

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Disconnect the composite cable from your pj,leaving the component only. Check that they pluck in correctly.
    From your pj remote choose 'comp'.

OR

Check your 2800 whether you need to enable component out.

I have Panasonic RP 82 connected to Z1 via component,no
    problem.