1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1 colour problems (red/yellow corners)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jtorry, Sep 22, 2003.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a quick search and couldn't find anything so...

My image has a yellow tint starting strong in the top left corner and spreads down and across the screen. The top right corner has the same problem, but it is red and spreads down and across. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it in the service menu? This is only really visible on white backgrounds, but is annoying as I know it is there. Thanks.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Don't know about the red tint, but a "yellowing" usually indicates heat damage to the blue polarizer - is it under warranty ? If so, back to Sanyo, I'd think.

Sean G.

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is this something that would develop as I don't think it was there when i bought it?

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Yip - if it's heat damage, the it could be down to not cleaning the filter regularly, extended running, a warm environment - or any combination. Do a search on "heat" and you should unearth some further info - including pictures of what Calibos did to his AE100 :eek: :eek:

I'm not certain of the cause of your problem - but you should get it checked by Sanyo - even if it's a bit out of warranty they might be prepared to do a fix as a goodwill gesture.

Sean G.

5. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have a pink tinge in the bottom left quadrant of my Ae300. My first thoughts were "oh oh" :D Looks like this one is going the same way as my old Ae100. On further examination it appears to be dust which I can easily rectify myself when I can source a can of compressed air. ie When I held a sheet of white paper about 9-12 in front of the lense the pink tinge resolved itself into many fine points indicating a dust problem rather than a LCD panel fault. If you 'tinges' resolve into many points when you try this then I would say its only dust.

Heres a pic of dust on my old AE100

[​IMG]