For Sale Z Gauge train set layout, train sets with model buildings and extras

dmpzsn

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
This is my Part built but running twin track Z Gauge layout with 4 different train sets. Many models and extras. I have more photos which I can email if required.
Some models are already made and some still boxed, plus an extra station still boxed.
Due to size and delicacy must be collected.
THE PRICE IS OPEN TO NEGOTIATION.P1000125.JPGP1000127.JPGP1000131.JPGP1000134.JPGP1000173.JPGP1000177.JPGP1000180.JPGP1000181.JPG

Price and currency
£2000.00
Delivery preference
Collection only
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Cash on collection

Attachments

dmpzsn

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
Mid day bump, any offers?

dmpzsn

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
Bump, does anyone know where I might sell this?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
Steam
View
I'd echo wack's comments.
Also, completed layouts are very hard to shift. Those in the hobby are more interested in making the layout themselves, buying a already built one kind of removes the fun of it.

It's a nice layout for sure, but if you look on facebook, eBay etc you will be lucky to get a 10th of the £2K you are asking.
For example this one:

dmpzsn

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
Hi wack and Greg (I've just noticed), I tried to joint the local facebook group a long time ago and they never replied, so haven't tried since. As for ebay, agreed on the £1 thing but there are so many problems trading on there I'd rather not unless I have to.
The set you've pointed out is a bare track on a base board, did you even look at my photo's, there are 4 train sets and a made up track, plus buildings etc, so a little bit more than £300, also why I put offers accepted as it's hard to price something like this.

Greg, yes I realise the problems shifting this, again why I said offers, the sets are valued at around £750 - £1000 on ebay and some aren't available. I have had a request on another platform to split, which I probably will do.

wack

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Warrington
The set you've pointed out is a bare track on a base board, did you even look at my photo's, there are 4 train sets and a made up track, plus buildings etc, so a little bit more than £300, also why I put offers accepted as it's hard to price something like this.
I only put the ebay link up as a "sell one like this" which is why I wrote you should tailor it to your layout.

If you put cash on collection only and refuse paypal it's no different to advertising anywhere else , ebay will be your biggest market place

The track and layout are the least valuable bits ,I've been to a few model auctions where sets that would have taken 100s of hours and thousands of pounds to build have barely made £100 but one engine has made £300

your best bet is to sell the engines separately, it's unlikely somebody will want the set because as greg said they'll want to build their own

dmpzsn

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
I'm coming around to your way of thinking wack, I've never sold a set up like this before and thought I'd try my luck in selling it as a complete setup.

You seem to have a better idea of price, could I pm you with set numbers etc to see if you have any idea of best price. I'll have to dismantle the layout to reclaim track used from the train sets, but so be it.

I'll keep an eye on ebay for their £1 events as I've a lot more than just the sets and layout, as you said it has the biggest market. While I'm at it I'll retry facebook, I don't even mind meeting people if it's not to far (50 Miles).

I think I'll cancel the sale and look into individual prices, not sure if AV is the best place, but was worth a try.

Thanks to you and Gregg for the advice.

Dave