• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Z-5500, G51, or X-540 for P5B Deluxe setup?

only1hammy

Hi all.

After finally deciding to upgrade my 5w 2.1 (stop that laughing! :D) PC audio setup to 5.1, I've gotten to a crossroads where I can't decide between Logitech's Z-5500, G51, and X-540.

I'm not planning on buying a dedicated sound card, and the onboard 5.1 my P5B Deluxe motherboard has will suffice. I'll mostly be using this setup for watching content from my PC, which is connected to the TV with DVI->HDMI (video only), but also wouldn't mind the ability to plug in my XBOX 360.

My questions are as follows: will the Z-5500 be overkill for my setup, and is the quality of the other two sets adequate for voices during movies and such? I have been reading around here and it seems some don't classify the G51 as "true surround" as they have a matrix option, but aren't they still true surround when that's switched off? And finally, with my onboard audio, would I notice any difference between the coaxial and 6-channel connectors?

Many thanks in advance :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom