Z-5500 - does it come WITH an optical cable?

X

xanthor

Like the title says ??

If not can anyone advise what type i need - it's my understanding that there are a few different types(?)

Thanks

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
just had a look at a few places selling this kit and there is no mention of an optical cable.

however all optical cables are the same mate, they are also referred to as TOSlink cables :thumbsup:

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
the cable is the same but the terminations can vary, the usual termination is the basic squarish shaped Toslink, but there is also a 3.5mm jack like termination too which is sometimes used in computer equipment.....

so work out which type of socket the Z550 has and buy the cable suitable, alternatively just buy a normal square shaped Toslink and if it doesnt fit get the 3.5mm adaptor :)

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
it was mainly MiniDisc players and Creative soundcards that used the 3.5mm iirc.....altho some other stuff used them as well...tbh i havnt seen one for a while, i'm guessing they dont bother now what with mini-USB ports being all the rage...lol

X

xanthor

Knyght_byte said:
the cable is the same but the terminations can vary, the usual termination is the basic squarish shaped Toslink, but there is also a 3.5mm jack like termination too which is sometimes used in computer equipment.....

That's what i thought - thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom