• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System???

bobbymax

Would these be ok to use in a smallish room for a TV surround,?
Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System
My son likes the look and as room/money is scarce would prefer life style type system.

He has Panasonic 42" Plasma (not sure of model),

Last edited:

neil29

They are very good quality computer speakers. A friend has them, and he likes them. They are extremely loud, but the bass from the subwoofer is very boomy. Don't confuse these with a proper separates set-up, because they simply don't compare, and you won't get hd audio from them. But for a kids bedroom to watch a few movies in 5.1 and surround sound gaming they'll be just fine.

Oh, and the control panel is the size of a brick!

bobbymax

Thanks Neil
I pretty much thought they'd not be up to the task.
Have sent your reply to him as it's good to get an oppinion from someone who has heard them.

Cheers

neil29

I never said they wouldn't be up to the task. Basically they are a superb set of computer speakers. If you hadn't heard a 5.1 speaker system before, they would blow your mind. BUT, if you knew of the sound available from separates, then they wouldn't do. However, for only a little extra money (£300 all in) you could buy the Onkyo HTS3305 which would be much better and offer HD audio.

bobbymax

Yes I realized that. :) I have a system myself.

But thanks anyway.

Subha15011976

Standard Member
Hello Boby,

My personal experience is Logi..Z-5500 is a mind blowing 5.1 system. U just connect it with a good DVD player through Coaxial or Optical output and the sound will blow U away (movie & music).

Moreover U can connect this Logi... to 5 seperate gazets at a time and acn control it through Remote.
This is a THX Certified system, so.. don't worry.
cheer

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom