YSP Corner wall bracket?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MEPIGME, May 2, 2007.

1. MEPIGME

MEPIGME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at a YSP-900 with new panasonic TH-37PX70 / Denon 1930 and monitor audio R360 sub. I need to install in the corner of the living room in an alcove right of the fireplace (room is 14" x 14" square) I am going with a vogel EFW6345 swivel wall bracket which will bring the TV 2 feet out from the alcove and give a 45 degree viewing angle. Perfect! So I thought.

The problem is the mounting of the YSP. I also need this just below the TV I would think to get a decent sound. I am thinking of welding a bracket to the vogel which will hold the YSP also. I do not think the standard YSP bracket is thick enough so may need to get one made up. Another thing to note is /i am getting built in units in each alcove witha door which will cover the TV/dvd/ysp when not in use so /i cant see any other way to mount the YSP.

Has anyone come up against this problem? /any ideas? any corner YSP wall bracket or adapters to vogel brackets?

2. Palladio

Palladio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    We have just mounted a 42" Plasma into a corner alcove using the Premier mounts AM3 brackets for the very same reasons. I had a look at both the Vogel and AM3 bracket in AVrabbit. The guy in there was very helpful and knew his stuff. Although the Vogel had a very smooth action I went for the AM3 as it had more leeway for getting the level correct and more variations for the wall bolts. We have an old wall and a tight space so needed the choice of which bolt holes to use. In the end we managed to use 13 of the 14 holes so hopefully it will take an earthquake to bring it down. No we don't live in Kent !!!
    Once the bracket was up and the various arms loosened slightly the TV moves in and out very smoothly.

I did visit a HiFi dealer to investigate the various Yamaha YSP models but was advised that a corner placement was not ideal as we also have an L shaped room and in the end went for a normal set up but it is always difficult setting up a 5.1 in a corner position and not having all the separate speakers was a very attractive idea.

Also thought of attaching the centre speaker to the TV bracket but will wait till it's all set up first and see what it sounds like. Local Ironmongers might be of help.

Best of luck with the install :thumbsup:

3. MEPIGME

MEPIGME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Palladio,

I think I will be OK as my room is pretty square and I have two good walls
    to bounce the sound waves. As I will be placing the YPS above the TV then I will also have no interference from furniture.

I spoke to a fitter today who is willing to make up an adapter bracket for me to link up the YSP bracket and the Vogel EFW6345 bracket. As he states 'There is always a way'. The TV only weighs 23Kg and the YSP-900 comes in at 9 Kg. Luckily the bracket can take 45 Kg. I will post photos of the completed assembly and give a review of the performance.