Question YSP 5600 setup/placement

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by RavenLiquid, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RavenLiquid

RavenLiquid
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm looking into getting a YSP-5600SW as a replacement for my (not kidding) Logitech Z5500 set that is currently hooked up to my LG B6. As I moved last year my new room setup lacks the practical space to place separate speakers in the rear for starters as wires currently run everywhere and the dog has managed to take one of them down on more than one occasion (I also may have helped once or twice).

So I want to go for the one big black box fits all solution and this one seemed the best for my needs (well, wants is more like it).

But there are two issues that I'm trying to solve:

1: The case of the missing HDR
    2: The placement of the whole thing.

So the HDR question: as there is no HDR pass through and it sounds like it is technically not possible to patch it in can I use my current solution:
    I have everything hooked up to the TV, and use the optical out to pass the encoded bitstream directly to the Logitech set. Is this possible or does everything need to be hooked up to the soundbar via HDMI?

And the second question:
    The thing is huge and I like the clean look of just the TV panel, so I was hoping to place it in something like this:

[​IMG]

Looking at the angle the up firing speakers are placed on the Yamaha site I think it might work if placed directly up front but I'm not sure.

So, anyone has any experience with these issues?

2. Skynet5

Skynet5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi mate.

Using optical or hdmi arc to pass sound to the bar only gets you basic dd 5.1 and dts. If you want HD and DolbyAtmos etc you will need to plug straight from source into bar...then bar into TV.

As for the upwards firing speakers...I doubt that would work in a covered cabinet. They are at an angle...but you would still lose some directional control needed by the beam steering to get it right. But this is only my guess...I don't have atmos.

3. RavenLiquid

RavenLiquid
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too bad about the HDR, is there a reason why the DA signal is not passed over optical?

4. Skynet5

Skynet5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Bandwidth. So basically a limitation with the spec. HDMI 2.1 ARC support HD audio and that comes out in 2018 likely.

5. digitalqurter

digitalqurter
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have both ysp 5600 and lg b6. My issue is that I cannot confirm ATMOS or DTS X is working. Any ideas?