Question YSP-2500 : mount above tv?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by MrBungle2005, May 5, 2016.

1. MrBungle2005

MrBungle2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Have got my newly purchased YSP 2500 set up and am generally happy with it. However, my tv stand is really quute a low one and I do think having the soundbar somehow attached above the screen would really help with the surround effect this soundbar is meant to give.

I've seen some brackets on Amazon, but they don't look like they would attach to this unit and wondered if anybody here had mounted theirs above the set? Thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    With no control over the vertical output of the Sound Beam(s) you are likely to simply shoot the audio over your head!

Yamaha have wall mounts for each YSP - which usually includes a decent fitting template.

Look out for HDMI connectors/cables being a problem when wall mounting a YSP.

How effective any YSP is as a Surround device is greatly influenced by the room and furnishings.

Joe

3. droidlike

droidlike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    You can even remove the 2 feet under the base and see if it's enought