• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

YSP-2500 - Beam Angle help.

James Thomas 75

Prominent Member
Hi everyone.
I've tried several times using the intellibeam mic. to get a decent reading on my Yamaha YSP 2500 sound setup. But I've come to the conclusion that the front area isn't really clear enough for it to obtain an accurate reading in the front left/right department.

With all of the results I've had so far; the dialogue on movies at certain times,is extremely low.

My next port of call is to play around with the front channel beam angles manually,to see what results I get.

Would anyone be so kind as to have a quick look to see what type of angle I should be aiming towards please. As I'm unsure whether they need to be aimed directly at me; or off of the side walls in a similar fashion to the rear channels?

Many thanks in advance.

reecie

Prominent Member
Have you used the app to see what it says? I'm not completely sure in my case if it is working to the sound bar but it says 45,45,0,30,60. Have no idea if that is correct or not given the room shape is not ideal anyway.

You can manually alter the beam types with the controller. Target should fire all of them right at you to see if that improves things.

James Thomas 75

Prominent Member
Have you used the app to see what it says? I'm not completely sure in my case if it is working to the sound bar but it says 45,45,0,30,60. Have no idea if that is correct or not given the room shape is not ideal anyway.

You can manually alter the beam types with the controller. Target should fire all of them right at you to see if that improves things.

Thanks for the reply,reecie.
I haven't looked at the app,but I assume it will mirror the settings I can see on my TV via the remote control?
Looking at the angles yours is beaming,it seems the front left & right are aiming more into the room (if my angle assumptions serve me correctly :D) rather than directly onto the side walls. So maybe I need to give that approach a go. As I had mine set to around 70 degrees last night,which gave a really good surround effect,while testing out the early parts of Avengers Assemble.
Thanks again for the help. I'll have a go at setting it closer to 45 tonight,to see how it sounds.

James Thomas 75

Prominent Member
Habe you also tried turning up the centre channel volume to help the speech, you can leave other volumes as they are

Hi furryhobnob. Thanks for the reply.

I've considered turning the centre channel up a few notches,but I'm concerned it may start drowning out any other effects that may be used on that speaker,other than dialogue :(
Having listened to the balance settings,and a few optimise menus on certain Blu Rays,it sounds to me like the centre channel is already slighter louder anyway...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom