Question YSP 1600 with MusicCast 20 Wireless Speakers for Surround Sound

JRyder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a Yamaha YSP 1600 soundbar, which is part of the MusicCast family. I recently bought some MusicCast 20 wireless speakers, as I was hoping to use them as rear speakers in a surround sound setup with the YSP 1600. However, when I try to set up surround sound in the MusicCast app, I'm informed that I don't have any devices for MusicCast Surround.

Does anybody know if the YSP 1600 soundbar supports surround sound with additional MusicCast wireless speakers? I'm guessing it doesn't, but I may have fudged up the setting-up process of the speakers.

I don’t think so but the website pages aren’t clear. It looks like you can stream to speakers in other rooms but not to use them as surround speakers.

That soundbar provides actual surround sound according to Yamaha. By reflection off walls so is you room not suitable for that feature to work properly?

I don’t think so but the website pages aren’t clear. It looks like you can stream to speakers in other rooms but not to use them as surround speakers.

That soundbar provides actual surround sound according to Yamaha. By reflection off walls so is you room not suitable for that feature to work properly?
I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me. As you say, it's not very clear, but I'm now coming to the conclusion that it's only the Yamaha Bar soundbars that support additional speakers for surround sound, as the specs specifically mention it. Just thought I'd double-check before returning the speakers. It's a shame as they're not bad speakers.

I'm happy with the YSP 1600. I appreciate it's quite old now but it delivers reasonably good sound for a soundbar. It reflects off the side walls OK, but the rear of the room it's in is sloped at a 45 degree angle, so I presume the sound just hits the floor behind me, as I've never heard anything from behind. That's why I was hoping to add some rear wireless, but it looks like I might be out of luck.

Thanks again for your help :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom